cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Halo

Go to solution

Hello.

Why would BT be sending me a Halo hub, apologizing for my lack of service, when all my recent correspondence with them has been about upgrading from FTTC to their Fibre 100 FTTP, which is booked for November 25th. I certainly did not knowingly sign up for Halo when ordering Fibre 100 and I still have active broadband with no loss of service.

I appreciate this is probably an error and not easily answerable but maybe someone may have some insight into the workings of BT. Not disgruntled, just curious!

Many thanks,

John

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Halo

Go to solution

Hi @Johnmlowe   

There is no such thing as a Halo Hub, do you mean they sent you a Smart Hub 2? Normally you only get the latest SH2 with a Halo 3+ subscription or with Complete WiFi.

https://www.bt.com/exp/halo

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

You also need a SH2 for Digital Voice which you will probably be getting with FTTP

Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@Johnmlowe 

As @licquorice  has said, you will be losing your copper phone line connection, and will be moved over to BT Digital Voice. That need the Smart Hub 2, as it has a phone socket on it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
  •  

This is a copy of part of the email I have received.

Ok, it's a Mini Hub?? What's that?

(Hope the copy an paste works ok.)

"John,

We're sorry you're without broadband at the moment. But as part of our promise to keep you connected, we'll help you stay online in the meantime.

• We've posted you a Mini Hub with unlimited data, which will be with you soon."
  •  
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I already have a Smart Hub 2 and Digital Voice.

Many thanks,

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
I'm being sent a Mini Hub!!
I already have a Smart Hub 2 and Digital Voice!
Confused.
Cheers, John
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Johnmlowe I'm sorry for any confusion caused, it sounds like the new fibre plan that has been ordered includes the Halo 3 benefits. With this, there is a keep you connected promise where a mini Hub is provided if there is any break or possible break in your service.

Have you checked over your order confirmation emails as that will let you know if Halo 3 is included in the upgrade order?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hello Neil,

I asked for, but did not receive, a confirmation email listing my order. I have received an email advising me that an engineer will be calling on 25 th November to install the FTTP.

I am now concerned that things have gone awry. Are you in a position to check what is happening? 

Most grateful,

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@Johnmlowe The moderation team can check the order for you, I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings