cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Essentials + Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi all, 

I'm a FTTC Customer with the BT Home Essentials plan (Fibre 2). The plan automatically included a landline package with unlimited calls etc. 

On standard (non Home Essentials) plans, you can choose no landline or Digital Voice. 

Is it possible/any way I can have digital voice instead of a landline phone? or even better, no phone package for a lower cost?

I don't use landline, and frankly since I had FTTC fitted to my house a few days ago, it's pretty bad with interference and difficult to hear. Even changed the master socket to a NTE5C with a mk4 VDSL faceplate, and finally switched off my mains power to rule out electrical interference from any of my devices. Did a quiet line test and it's still present (constant hum). Tried 2 types of analogue telephones and no difference. I'm hoping too I may get a better sync without the noise coming from the exchange side of things for the telephone. 

Many thanks! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Essentials + Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi @smurphy720  I phoned the BT number found within MyBT account and they ran FTTC line diagnostic within minutes, and location of fault was external to my property. Within days, Openreach engineer visited local manhole and found high resistance joint fault. The Openreach engineers regularly visit network to correct faults that line management software has automatically detected, and they also respond to BT reported faults.  

BT ISP customers need a line, and can use this line to get analogue or digital phone service. Remember to check if BT hotspots are nearby to get WiFi connection. 

The EE + BT mobile partnership can provide a mobile ISP hub, but please check network coverage at your location to see if it can provide the speeds wanted. Most providers will have map of mobile network coverage at your location.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Yes BT can transfer you over to digital voice they will have to change your service to SOGEA that can normally take 14 days. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you! I shall give them a call today!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

No problem I'm on Home Essentials with Digital voice I pay £20 per month. But I'm moving over to FTTP next month. 

All the best 

0 Ratings