Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbie1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Home Essentials

Go to solution

Hello

I am posting this on behalf of my elderly mother who is a BT customer (currently landline only).

How does she go about getting the new BT Home Essentials service which is phone + broadband for £15. She is on Pension Credit so satisfies the qualifying criteria. I can't find anything on the BT website other than the original announcement about the scheme on 3 May. Is it hidden somewhere on the website?

I had been trying to get her on the BT Basics scheme since 2019 and gave up in the end as numerous phone calls always led to the promise of a form being sent out for her to complete but no form was ever sent.

She's struggling to pay her phone bill as she's on an expensive package. She has been a BT customer since 1980. How does she get on to this new BT Home Essentials service without the problems she repeatedly encountered trying to get onto BT Basics?

Thanks

Robert

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Home Essentials

Go to solution

As you have tried for so long and failed I have to asked forum mods to see if they can help. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@Robbie1964wrote:

How does she get on to this new BT Home Essentials service without the problems she repeatedly encountered trying to get onto BT Basics?

When it's launched you can contact the sales team, they'll need some basic info and check eligibility, if your mother qualifies it will be done there and then with the new taffif.

Launch was scheduled for the end of June, more info at BT to launch new at-cost social tariff in June – offering support to over four million households on... 

Robbie1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
That's the announcement I was referring to in my above post. There's been nothing since so I don't know if it has actually launched. Everything has gone quiet.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Robbie1964,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that you've had such difficulty trying to get BT Basic set up for your Mum.

I can help you get BT Basic set up. I will send you a private message to discuss this and any other concerns that you may have.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Robbie1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Daniel.

I'll send a reply to your PM but it's the new BT Home Essentials service my mother is interested in, not BT Basics. The new service is actually an improvement on BT Basics and is more straightforward. However I don't know if the new Home Essentials package is up and running. There is nothing other than the original announcement on the BT website (linked to in posts above), nor elsewhere, and it was apparently supposed to be up and running by the end of June.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I understand @Robbie1964.

We'll be able to discuss all this with you after you reply to my PM 🙂

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Robbie1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I'm providing an update to my post. I didn't need to send a PM to DanielS as BT have now provided a way of being able to apply for the Home Essentials package. My mother is now on the Home Essentials package.

For reference, details of BT Home Essentials are at https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials