cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT ID Suspended - help requrired

I received a text and email from BT yesterday telling me that their had been some unusual activity on my BT ID and this had been suspended.  I followed the links to change the password went through security and received an email from BT to confirm that the password had been changed.  However, since doing this I can no longer get into my BT account as the email I use is also my BT ID. I keep getting the same message about the ID being suspended.  I spent over two hours yesterday on the phone and despite all their help I am still unable to get into my account despite trying 6 times changing the password and going through the security process.  

Strangely my email which had been locked now works on both my phone and Mac so know the password works and email account works, however the BT ID is still suspended.  In addition this has now kicked me out of my BT Sport and My BT apps so I cannot access either.

I am hoping looking on the forums here others had similar issues, it appears that the system has failed in taking my updated password so needs to be reset by the relevant team in BT, however I am due a call back Friday from the team but the person dealing with this seems to think this is a backroom team who are currently not working due to COVID19.

Any help from one of the moderators to get my account back online and BT Sport up and running would really appreciate it.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT ID Suspended - help requrired

Presumably you have changed the password to your new one on all your accounts and your BT apps.

What happens when you try to log in here.

MyBT 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply.  Yes I have changed the password on the BT and BT Sport apps along with my email on my Mac and Phone.  Email is working fine, it did take about an hour before they did though.  Logging into MYBT just keeps coming up with BT ID suspended and so unable to access it.  As I said I have tried this six times last night changing password and following the process and still getting same message.  

Only realised today that the BT ID is required for BT Sport so even more annoying as cannot use this either now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Hi @dave071uk, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT ID password. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team. We're quite busy at the moment so it will take a few days to get back to you but I'm sure we can help you get this sorted. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

I'm also stuck in the same endless loop of trying to reactivate my BT ID

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi @John290,

Thank you for posting I'm sorry you're having the same problem. I've dropped you a PM with details on how to contact the Mod team.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi John, was going to suggest waiting as a moderator will assist you.  My problem was resolved by the team here and BTID reset by them successfully there seems to be nothing we can do from our account side.

Good luck!!

0 Ratings