Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asmerom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT ID Unable to Reset Password

Go to solution

I see there are hundreds of very old threads about this topic and it seems a moderator always has to step in and solve the problem somehow.

I have tried at least ONE DOZEN times to reset my BT ID Password. Each time, after I've received the pin number they send in my email,I enter the new password,and its accepted.

The message comes up "SUCCESS you've changed your password,our systems have all been updated; you can now login".

NO I CAN"T. Nothing happens. It just returns to the empty login box. And that's even after I get a confirmation email to say my Password has been changed.

Please can some patient moderator step in to solve this frustrating issue? And why on earth does this issue keep reccurring over many years?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT ID Unable to Reset Password

Go to solution

Hi @Asmerom Sorry you are having difficulty with your BTID. The issue is probably caused as you have both your Broadband and Premium Mail accounts under the same ID. This is usually caused by an old BT account and we remove it. Do you want me to remove the Premium Mail account now for you or do you want to wait until after it's closed.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Asmerom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Well I'm not sure I understand you. I've had this bt email for many years and I want to keep it. So I don't know what you mean about closing it. A basic email would suit me so long as its the same ********@btinternet.com. Is a "premium email" different? 

I've just been on live chat and the Indian named helper gave me a password to login to my BT ID but all it did was login to my BT email. They do appear to be mixed up. But his efforts just went to my email Account even though I'm logging in to my BT ID Account. The moderator John C2 is helping me to "link my email Account to my BT Broadband Account" to be completed by the end of next week.Because I'm paying £5 a month for this Premium email evern though I've just got a BT Broadband Package.

Its all too confusing for words. I'm fairly sure I've considerably reduced my diminishing lifespan since joining BT. My previous TalkTalk Account was Heaven compared to this. Unfortunately they don't cover my new area. 

But many thanks for offering assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Asmerom Sorry for any confusion. It's me who is arranging for your Premium Mail address to be linked to your broadband account. Once the email address is transferred the Premium Mail account will close as you will no longer be charged for it. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Asmerom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Well I hope I will still be able to access the billions of saved folders and messages I have stored in my bt email. Its not at all clear from your post. But I assume my stored emails will still be accessible.

Howver, you don't seem to have dealt with the point of this post that I can't reset my BT ID password. I can't access my BT Account. I can login to my BT email Account.

Perhaps you are saying this will all be solved once the Premium email Account is closed. I find that difficult to understand.I have a new BT Account number. It should be possible to reset my Password to get into my BT Account now. 

I've just rung 0800 800 150 and after 5minutes of hanging on while the helper explored the problem the line cut off. Heaven help us.

0 Ratings
Asmerom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

A final thought. I think I might just wait till your mission is accomplished by the end of next week. And see what happens. I'll postpone any further protestations till then. I seem to be able to access MYBT but all I get is the latest bill for my Email £5.

Perhaps I have to wait for my new BT Broadband Account to be added. For some reason. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Asmerom Thanks for taking my call earlier. Just to confirm I refunded the incorrect charges for Premium Mail raised on your BT Broadband account and your email address is now free of charge and you will receive no further charges for it on your bills. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings