cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belvaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Indian Staff

I have spent a not inconsiderable amount of time today trying to get the status of my order as I could not get a Status Update online & this is how it went:

1. The 3 support persons were all Indian & none spoke English reasonably well

2. I am Indian

2. The 1st support member said that my order had been deleted & when I queried this he said he would check & come back to me in a matter of 2 minutes. He cut me off.

3. The 2nd support person was wearing terrible headphones & his line was crackly & I got nowhere.

4. The 3rd person whose English was the worst of all said that my order was still live & was progressing & could not understand my query as to why I could not get an online status update.

WHO DO I BELIEVE & WHY CAN'T THIS SERVICE BE MOVED TO the U.K. or does BT not give a **bleep** about it's customers?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Indian Staff

BT are moving call centres back to the UK but it takes time
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Belvaz,

We'll be able to take a look into the order for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We're based in the UK.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'm still getting over my own recent experience with BT Indian call centres. Best advice is to politely hangup and rediAl until you land a call in the UK. Dialling the 'retention dept' otherwise known as the cancellation dept works ok as well. If there is one thing BT can do to improve their service it is to bring their call centres back to the UK asap.
0 Ratings
johnbsid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I retired from BT in 2009, at one of my last team meetings we were told call centres were being moved back to the UK, so don't hold your breath....7 years and not a lot has changed....as you say I don't care who I speak to as long as they can converse with you understand and deal with your enquiry.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@johnbsid wrote:

I retired from BT in 2009, at one of my last team meetings we were told call centres were being moved back to the UK, so don't hold your breath....7 years and not a lot has changed....as you say I don't care who I speak to as long as they can converse with you understand and deal with your enquiry.

@johnbsid

This link explains more https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/bt-hires-1000-uk-staff-after-complaints-indian-call...

0 Ratings