Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

BT Infinity Activation Delay - No communication

Hello,

I placed an order to switch from EE to BT Infinity at the beginning of September and was given an activation date for 22 September. This was yesterday, but nothing happened. The Order Status still reads:

"Awating confirmation

We are waiting for our engineers to confirm when your new broadband will be connected"

I called the BT customer service yesterday and today and I was informed that I will be given a call to confirm what happens next. During both calls I was advised that my service would be activated imminently (within the same day).

I have to say that neither times did customer service attempt to contact Openreach or the local Exchange engineers to find out what the status of the order is. All they seemed to be doing was reading information from a screen very similar to the one I get on my Order Tracking dashboard.

It is very urgent that I be given information as to the status of my activation, as I have the feeling that the ticket for the engineer has been lost somewhere in BT's systems.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT Infinity Activation Delay - No communication

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Thank you for your answer but why would I need to check that? I have already ordered the necessary products and services.
0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Bump! I have opened enquiry ******-***904!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 24

the checker results are needed as they also show cabinet availability which may be the cause of your delay
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

please delete the reference number as it is personal to you and this is a public forum
0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Surely the availability checker runs automatically during the ordering process, particularly at the stage whereby the current phone number is entered! What I have also just noticed is that my phone number has been changed, whereas BT had promised to leave the number unchanged!

cabinet results.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

cabinet availability varies constantly as there are many other providers who also use the same Openreach fibre network and until Openreach confirm port availability with a provider the order will not progress this checker does not display in real time

it sounds like there is a shortage of engineers to complete the cabinet work and this is causing your delay
0 Ratings
sanctimon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Thanks for this information, but I somehow doubt this to be the case, as they seem to have done something with the phone number already. My landline number is not the same as the one it was before, so I am assuming someone tampered with the line already.

BT would need to get their act together now - I would like my old number back, just as they promised when I placed the order and I would like Infinity to be activated too!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

it will most likely be a temporary number while the change over takes place and your old number is ported to BT as there has to be an active phone line before any broadband service can be provided the phone line is activated at the exchange and the fibre service at the street cabinet different tasks and different engineers involved it sounds like a shortage of engineers to complete the fibre tasks
0 Ratings