cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cranester1983
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity Disconnected - Not my fault. Feel as though BT don't care :(

So I got a letter through in Mid-November advising me that someone had requested to take over my line and that my services would cease on 14th December.

I called BT to inform them that I didn't ask for this and didn't want to leave. They said "No problem - the request has been cancelled and you will have no more issues"

Low and behold, get up on the 14th of December to find my BT Infinity had been disconnected. After 6 phone calls, numerous tests etc - I was told there was a fault on the line and I needed an engineer out. Booked for today (21st December).

Engineer comes and says there is no fault, the service has just been deactivated at your request and there's nothing he can do at his end. Called up BT AGAIN and they say it's my fault - err no it isn't!

So the upshot of it is that it had to be cancelled and reordered again - now getting an email with an "activation" date of 7th January!!

The phone line is fine, the broadband equipment is fine, there is no fault... why can't you just turn the bloomin' thing on?!

Got 10 people coming to visit me on Christmas and with no mobile reception to speak of, this couldn't have happened at a worse time 😞

Any help as to who I might be able to speak to or what I might be able to do to get this reactivated before Christmas would be gratefully appreciated. I've tried everything :'(

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity Disconnected - Not my fault. Feel as though BT don't care :(

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
cranester1983
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

thanks
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for your post @cranester1983

Apologies for the problems you are having. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will see if your Infinity order can be speeded up.

Cheers,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
cranester1983
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you @OlgaC - I have messaged you now with my details.

0 Ratings