cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikestone
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity FTTP installation delays

I ordered BT Infinity on 12 January 2018. This was agreed to be provided via FTTP and an installation date of 6 February was provided by BT. This was subsequently altered to 13 February due to, according to BT, external work that had to be done.

Nothing seemed to be happening on this "external work" and I was getting no answers from BT but then, on 5 February, I received a call from BT apologising for the delays and identifying a "personal case assistant" who would be taking ownership of the issue and keeping me updated on progress. I was even given a direct line phone number to talk to her. The latest call from her was yesterday to tell me that my installation date of 13 February would not happen and she would call me again with an update on 1 March!!

I have no issue with my "personal case assistant" who is obviously trying hard to find answers, even phoning me twice after 8.00pm with updates. The problem is that she cannot seem to be able to get answers from whoever it is that is responsible for the "external work". As of yesterday, she can only tell me that some sort of "external work" has to be done before I can be connected, so I am hoping that somebody on this forum can maybe help.

As far as I am concerned, the "external work" required is simply to run an overhead fibre cable from a pole over the road to my premises. Said pole currently supplies 3 houses with copper cable, but in addition one of the houses (my next door neighbour) also has a fibre cable which provides them with excellent BT Infinity service. When this was installed, some months ago, we were informed that as the pole already had fibre, it would be a simple task to provide fibre to the other 2 houses, including mine.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this moving any quicker? Any direct phone numbers or email addresses of BT managers/executives that I could contact? Any help at all please.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity FTTP installation delays

These installations are dealt with by a special team on 0800 587 4787.
Its not possible for the BT Community members or moderators to help with these installations.

0 Ratings
Mikestone
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity FTTP installation delays

Thanks Keith - I will try that number

0 Ratings