Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity Packages

Hi all, 

After constantly checking the DSL checker for fibre, the FTTC availability finally shows as available as of tonight!

ayayaya.PNG

Im just looking at the packages and I have a question. 

The packages as shown below, do they say the estimated speed as a marketing thing because I was under the impression that BT ditched the whole 55/10 mbps packages and put everyone on 80/20. I want the fastest speed my line is capable of but I dont want all of this Superfast plus **bleep**. So my question is, if I order the Superfast fibre unlimited package (est 55mbps) will I get a reduced connection or will it sync at whatever the max my line is capable of?

packages.PNGThanks people!

If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity Packages

You will get whatever your line will support. From the checker result you've posted you appear to be very near the cab so shouldn't have a problem.

0 Ratings
Boudges
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @pippincp! Cab is opp my house. Got constructed on the 19th Nov to live today! So im safe with the cheapest unlimtied package?

If you liked a post, please click on the 'Ratings star' on the left hand side of the post.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I could be wrong, but I thought Superfast Fibre is the old Infinity1 capped at 55M. For full speed you would need Superfast Fibre 2.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 5 of 5

There are more than 2 BT 'super fast ' products available, but the 2 you have posted are in the old parlance based on Infinity 1 ( upto 55Mb but has to be advertised as average speed 50Mb ) and Infinity 2 ( upto 80Mb but has to be advertised as average speed 67Mb) if you don't want the **bleep** that comes with the Superfast + products , but still want the 80Mb potential speed ( and looking at your estimate it's likely that you will get 80Mb ) , there probably are other BT products that will provide 80Mb without the stuff you don't want or need, and be cheaper also

0 Ratings