cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity Pricing Enquiry

Go to solution

I'm currently with BT and they supply me with broadband. Infinity has recently come to the area so I'd like to upgrade. I recieved an email from BT telling me I could get it for £28.99 for the first 12 months, as shown below.

bt offer.png

However, when I go to complete the order there is no mention of the discounts and the price bumps up to £47.49.

bt offer without discount.png

If I go through with the order, will the first 12 months be discounted like the email says or will it be £47.49 from the start of the contract?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity Pricing Enquiry

Go to solution

These discounts usually only apply to new customers. Because you are already a BT customer they won't apply to you.

If you contact the Options Team on 0800.80.030 you may be able to negotiate a deal.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Cheers, thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
outlaw123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Exactly the same happened to me. I have been with BT for 30+ years and there does not seem to be any loyalty benefit. The difference between a new and existing customers price is extortionate. Why do we have to negotiate a deal? We should be offered the best price in the first place ! I may well change supplier even though BT have been reliable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

At one time you were a new customer and possibly got a deal then. Now you are just a customer. No such thing as a loyal customer only a customer. If a company wants to grow it needs new customers so it offers deals to attract them. If you want a deal you need to move to another provider and become their new customer.

If you want to stay with BT either try and negotiate a deal by being prepared to move or accept the price you are given. At the end of the day it's your choice.

0 Ratings