cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samtwin86
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Infinity broadband

Can someone help me! I’ve just got bt infinity broadband on the 10/05/2018 and I’ve just received email saying I’ve used 21GB out of 30GB? That’s correct only 2 days that’s how long I’ve had this broadband well I received the email last night so less than 2 days. Surly this is wrong! Would all emails address me with my surname or do they send them saying hello!
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
WillCo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Infinity broadband

Hello - OK - hover over the address where the email has come from - if it says a person's name, it's a SCAM.

Don't click on any links as a matter of security anyway …. but rather use a different browser (if you have one) and log into your account. You can check how much data you have used via your account.

I have never had an email from BT saying just "hello" - it's usually by name so I would be very cautious indeed .... and if in doubt, you could always call BT to double check.

Just realised, you've mentioned BT Infinity ...... you have unlimited usage 🙂 However, if you have Infinity FIBRE broadband, then the limit is 30MB

Hope that helps

0 Ratings
Samtwin86
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for replying!
I’m a little confused I’ve been on the BT live chat this morning @ 07.25 Speaking to Sujay who said all the emails are correct and the broadband usage is etc and I’ve just been back on the chat and spoke to Nilanjana @ 09.30 who’s then saying it’s not correct to ignore the emails as she can a sure me it’s incorrect and I’ve not used the broadband usage! Very misleading reply’s from both of them. I’ve screen shot all the chat conversations as I’m not happy with help I’m meant to be getting from them.
I was thinking the same regarding the email as all the other ones have used my surname or full name and the one about using all the broadband just just hello.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Samtwin86 Sorry for any confusion over the email. The best thing to do would be to login to your BTID and check your broadband usage there.  If your usage is correct have you been downloading updates?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
WillCo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Can you log into mybt to check your usage yourself?

I use broadband a lot for emails and I use about 40mb per month on average. I don't watch tv or films though
0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 6 of 8

If you access your router stats you can see each device on the network and how much bandwidth they have individually consumed ( count both the upload and download )...it also shows the up time , so if the device (router) has been 'up' since it was installed, it will show the total usage, if it's less than 21Gb, then the email , ignoring its origin, cannot be true, but if the router stats confirm what the email said, then you are probably not on a suitable package for your usage...enter 'hub.home' into your browser and check the 'status' and 'my devices' tabs

Samtwin86
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I’ve been trying but keeps saying error something went wrong try again! Not sure why its being so difficult just trying to get my information up! I got recommended to go with BT cause they are meant to be good don’t have problems etc I’ve had it 48 hours and it’s already causing me problems 🙈
0 Ratings
Samtwin86
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thank you for replying I will give this again see if I can see all my information.