cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT Infinity order keeps failing with "300.CancelOnly-Failed.customer" - no service access point?

I posted this in another thread, but it's better off here...

I ordered BT Infinity, Evening and Weekend Calls, TV Starter and a mobile sim on 4th October. Everything started well, and I was able to set up an account to view the order and got a bunch of welcome emails. The next day I could no longer track my order from the account and could only retrieve the order details if I wasn't logged in to My BT. Addtionally it now said there was a problem with my order and they would be in touch soon. When I clicked on "change activation date", it came up with a message saying, amongst other things, "300.CancelOnly-Failed.customer". Needless to say, BT never called me once about the issue, and the offline team proceeded to cancel the broadband order on the 10th October, but again didn't bother to inform me of this. 

I called BT and did a few online chats and the gist of it was "don't worry, it will all be working on the activation date". Well that was yesterday, and although I received the fibre router and TV box as promised, I can't use them as my broadband is still with plus.net. I called last night and got put through to the "customer options team", who said to wait until today once the order had completed and they would follow it up. This afternoon they called as promised, and told me they had been in touch with the "order management team", and the problem was that there was no "service access point" associated with my order and therefore the broadband part had failed. They then proceeded to place a new order for the broadband, and for a little while everything looked good until about 2 hours ago, when, on checking the order status it once again said that my order had not proceeded as expected andthey wuold be in touch.

As you can imagine I am fairly annoyed with BT, exepcially as they seem to schedule to activation date to be one day after the cooling off period ends. I have absolutely no faith in BT's ability to resolve this issue, and want out, but I suspect the issue lies with BT Openreach and I will be unable to order fibre broadband from anyone. You see, right at the beginning of my problems, one of the BT operators told me the issue was due to the fact that there are currently no new lines available in my area. This confused me at the time, as I wasn't ordering a new line, but as time progressed I kept being told by different BT operators that my line was "incompatible" and that's why I couldn't have broadband and voice together. This made no sense, as I already have broadband and voice together on one line, and before I was with plus.net I was on BT, and had broadband and voice together. I then became aware that someone else in my area were unable to have a new phone line installed, as BT openreach had, in their wisdom, allocated all the available capacity to a new estate of around 40 houses that was built recently, and hadn't bothered to lay the cables to provide spare capacity for any new orders that might arise. 

So putting 2 and 2 together, I now believe that my current line, which is around 40 years old, is not compatible with FTTC, and thus I need a newer type of line, which unfortunately is not available as they used them all up a few months ago, not thinking about how they would migrate the existing lines onto fibre once the cabinet got upgraded. It is a shame that no-one from BT can be bothered to tell me this, but I also suspect that most of the operators are completely clueless because BT neglect to train them properly.

I hope one of the mods will get in touch and sort it all out for me, but I am not holding my breath. At the moment I am stuck with my broadband on plus.net, being charged at their top rate, and my phone line tied into a 12month contract with BT, limiting my choices if I do decide to go elsewhere. God knows what has happened to my TV order, as it doesn't show up anywhere on My BT, and my mobile order is again tied in for 12 momths, and I fully expect BT to start charging me an extra £5 because I don't have broadband with them.

Please somebody help me!! 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Infinity order keeps failing with "300.CancelOnly-Failed.customer" - no service acc

Here aew the results from dsl checker...

Exchange HALLOW is served by Cabinet 2

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)8067.22020--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)78.750.12016.4--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--3.5 to 8.5Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6Up to 13.5 to 8.5Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 4.5--3 to 7.5Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available----
Fixed Rate2----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Re: BT Infinity order keeps failing with "300.CancelOnly-Failed.customer" - no service acc

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Hi @stubeard and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry there's been problems with the order getting cancelled. It certainly sounds like there are problems so we'll need to take a closer look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the modrators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Hi David,

I have sent you a message. The order management team have created a new order for broadband which seems to be ok for the moment, but I will be keeping an eye on it throughout the day as the previous ones were ok at first too.

Thanks,

Stu

0 Ratings
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

The order is currently showing 300.CancelOnly-PreKCI2.customer. I think this means that the order has been submitted to openreach but they haven't committed to it yet. I suspect this is where things will go wrong, but let's see...

0 Ratings
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Ok, so I just got an email confirming that my "BT Total Broadband will be working on 4/11/2016 by midnight." I didn't get this email on previous attempts, and the PreKCI2 message has disappeared from the order tracking page, so fingers crossed third time's a charm!

Only remaining issues are that my TV order has also been cancelled, and apparently cannot be reordered until the broadband is activated, and my order has tracked with the wrong amount on TCB.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Thanks for sending over the details @stubeard,

Lets hope this order sticks but if it falls out of bed we can always help out.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Cometh the hour, but not cometh the openreach engineer. So i am still on plus net for my broadband.
I jjus want my money back and to be allowed to leave without penalty.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Hi @stubeard Sorry about that the order looked to be progressing fine. I will check tomorrow and give you a call to let you know what has happened with your Infinity.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings