Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Verney
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Junk Mail - how do I get rid of it

Can someone please tell me how to stop BT Junk mail landing in my letter box?

I have no interest in paying for TV services, BT mobile is useless because there's no signal in my village and I certainly do not want BT Sport.

I have looked in the settings of My BT to see if there is any way of turning off postal adverts but there doesn't seem to be any. If you look on the BT website for Contacts, all it does is take you round in circles and totally avoid any way of contacting a human being.

6 REPLIES
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Junk Mail - how do I get rid of it

Hi @Verney and welcome.

I've moved your post so we can offer some help with this. You're probably on our mailing list which is why you're receiving the adverts. I can help with that. Please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
downhome
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi David,

I too am unhappy about the junk mail which keeps arriving through the post.

I have returned them to the sender address given on the envelope on several occasions to no effect.

There really should be an option to reject postal marketing within the marketing preferences section of MyBT.

I have signed up to the community forums purely to get this resolved.

Yours in anticipation,

Phil

0 Ratings
cmkessell
Message 4 of 7

Same here.  My elderly mother (whose BT account I manage) is getting fed up with the junk mail, especially as she sometimes received 3 copies of the same letter!  It would be good to be able to stop this waste of money.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@downhome and @cmkessell I'm really sorry you're receiving unwanted marketing mail from BT. If you get in touch with our Live Chat team on this link they'll be able to remove your address from the marketing list.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Scott1974
Message 6 of 7

I too have been harassed for years. Sent it back, rang up and still it comes. Went on live chat tonight as recommended and got cut off! Can I sue for harassment?
0 Ratings
downhome
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I got onto  Live Chat about this issue yesterday evening  after having received yet another piece of unsolicited mail. I had to educate the person at the other end who thought snail mail meant email and eventually she got back to me with a promise that I wouldn't receive any more of this **bleep** - but I'm not celebrating just yet. Only time will tell.

And there is BT telling us to save paper by only having bills online whilst happily sending us junk mail. Grrrr.

0 Ratings