Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Leaving

Go to solution

Hello BT Community,

I was wondering if you all can help me please, I received a letter in the post today saying this:

Your account number: ********65

Phone number affected: *********29

Our reference is: ***SC

08th Jan 2021

We're sorry you're leaving us

Dear Mr *******,

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of moving your phone line and broadband to another provider.

BLAH BLAH BLAH'S 😅 I ain't gonna type it all up, anyway cut a long story short I have handed the landline and the broadband back to my father because I cannot afford for it no more. I been quoted £193.16 for the outstanding charges. I have already cancelled the Direct Debit through my bank app. I cannot pay the £193.16 to pay BT because I'm jobless unemployed now. Can BT please help me out here please 😥 I can't pay the outstanding charges full I can only pay BT bit-by-bit 🤗.

Thanks 🤗!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Leaving

Go to solution

Shame you didn't come on here before handing your line over, you may have saved some money. Have you seen this link https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/if-youre-struggling-to-pay...

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@Anonymous I didn't have time, I had to sort it out with my father ASAP then 🤔 so I need to get in touch with BT ASAP I cannot phone them either. Can you pass a message on to a mod or something 😊?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry, I can't, I have no reporting chain to the mods.

Hopefully one will pick up on your message and contact you through this forum

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Anonymous I need to get it sorted ASAP with BT, I cannot afford this to go too the Debt Collections Team. If you get me 😉.

Thanks 😄!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Except in the case of bereavement, it's not possible to transfer an account to another person. You could have continued with the account and got your father to pay you, or cancelled leaving your father to open a new account; it looks like the latter has occurred. Cancelling your direct debit has made things worse.

I'm not sure whether it's possible to undo a cancellation but I'm asking the moderators to see if anything can be done to help you. They will post contact info here later.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply @pottyperson, but what I forgot to also mention that when I told my father to switch had wanted to choose Sky because he has the TV with them. Now because he's added back the Broadband & Landline he's got a discount for everything (TV, Broadband and Landline) 

To lastly answer about Direct Debit, I haven't got the money in the account too pay fully for the Cancellation Fees.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @RyWilz980 welcome to the forum and sorry you have received notification of cancellation charges you weren't expecting.
You would be best to call in and speak with our billing team who will try to help you as much as possible. If you can't call in then have a chat with the Billing Live Chat Team who will be able to help you. 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 thanks for the reply I already know about these Cancellation Charges, because I had too hand the internet and phoneline back into my fathers name (he's having it with Sky BTW) I had to give it up because I'm jobless and now unemployed 😔. I did mention this up above. Cannot afford it.

Thanks 😄!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi all 🤗. I still need help my father's Sky equipment for Broadband is coming tomorrow, the live chat link don't work I cannot phone them. Can the billing team send my a PM or something please 🙂 

Thanks!

0 Ratings