Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT Mobile Query

Go to solution

Hi all,

Basically, I have a BT mobile contract under my parents account. Is it possible to add my debit card under the account so that it can be paid for by me instead of having to manually transfer money to their account each month? It's probably easy but not sure where to look.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Mobile Query

Go to solution

That is not possible, as it has to be paid by the account holder until the contract ends. You could then start your own BT Mobile account in your own name.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The account holder can not be changed but you should be able to change the bank account details if you go into the account holders MyBT. I have done similar for my son with his mobile phone account albeit with O2.

albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

The account holder can not be changed but you should be able to change the bank account details if you go into the account holders MyBT. I have done similar for my son with his mobile phone account albeit with O2.

Presumably, but they probably have Broadband, Landline and maybe TV on the account. So the OP would be charged for the whole account. 

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Perhaps the OP is the main user and depending on circumstances will be prepared to pay the whole bill.

-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

You don't have to transfer the money manually, ask your bank to set up a standing order, that will pay the money to your parents account automatically each month, just specify the date and amount.

Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, everyone. I'll do as -Richie- advises for the moment. Will see if I can get the bank details changed, though. 🙂