Contributor
maverickmalvern
Accepted Solution

BT Netprotect plus -- free or not free

I upgraded to Broadband Option 2 with a 40GB limit and thought NetProtect plus was INCLUDED FREE.

A BT Engineer downloaded it for me as I had problems installing it.  On my latest bill, BT have charged me and tell me it is only free if I download it (which is what I thought I had done).  This BT Website states NetProtect Plus is FREE with Option 2.  I am at a loss to know how BT can charge me??  I am already paying extra for Unlimited Calls and Choose To Refuse which is fair enough.

johnsa123

Re: BT Netprotect plus -- free or not free

yes typical bt they will rob you every way they can they are more intrested in tv adverts than looking after customers try talk talk lot cheaper and free security
Contributor
maverickmalvern

Thanks, Johnsa, for your reply.  I realise BT is expensive, but up to now the service they have given has been second to none,  I was previously with TalkTalk and would not go there if you paid me.  They may be "cheap" but it is reflected in the appalling service,,,,,just read their Forum !!

As for my "problem", I did download BT Netprotect Plus yet am still being charged.  BT's claim of free security with Option 2 (40GB) is not true.  Regards, Maverick.

Expert
ttyrie

Must be an account error as BT Net Protect Plus is free on Option 2 & 3 Broadband, If your on Option 1 then it's about £3 per month.

Try this link:- https://www.securedownload.bt.com/BTGuard/Guard?beanName=OnlineCustomer&block=online&authenticationR...

Contributor
maverickmalvern

Thank you ttyrie for your comprehensive response.  When I moved to Option 2 I did try several times to download NetProtect Plus, but it refused to download, so a BT Engineer took remote control of my computer and did it for me.  BT say I must delete the download and do it again, plus cancel my existing "subscription".  It seems a lot of work for something I have already done.  How do I get a Moderator to sort this out for me ??  Any help would be most welcome.  I know it is only £3.49 a month but there is a principle here, and why should I pay when it is supposed to be free.  Regards, Maverick.

Expert
ttyrie

Hello,

Send an email to the mods at forum.moderation.team@bt.com (Include your BT account details, link to this thread, description of the fault and allow ''upto'' 5 days for a response.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Contributor
maverickmalvern

Ttyrie, an e-mail is on the way, and will let you know the outcome.  :manhappy:   Many thanks for your valuable advice.  Maverick.

Sage
john46

The contact details for the mods has changed some time ago and is now http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 click on the link and complete the web form they will respond within 72 hours
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’