cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodface7
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Only Acknowledging LANDLINE Switch to Vodafone. Somehow Unaware It's A Broadband Package???

Is it common for BT to ONLY acknowledge (or maybe to only know about) a customer's intent to depart for another LANDLINE service, when in fact they have bought (like everyone does) a rival's complete BROADBAND & phoneline package? You can't physically buy just landline from Vodafone anyway.

Eighteen hours after being fully accepted by Vodafone, in a simple like-for-like fibre + landline switch, we get this baffling (and worrying) email from BT:  

Title  "Leaving BT: What you need to know".  It went on:

Our reference: WLRSC              

Hello Mr xxx,

Why am I getting this email?
Another provider has told us you want to move your phone line over to them on 09-Oct-2017. So your service with us is due to stop on that date.

What will happen with my broadband?
By moving just your phone line, you break up your phone and broadband bundle with us. We'll put you on a new broadband-only plan called BT Infinity Option 2 for £42 a month.

When will I see these changes?
If we don't hear from you by 2pm on 07-Oct-2017, we'll make these changes on 09-Oct-2017.

We'll keep billing you for these services as normal (unless you ask us to cancel them):

BT broadband
    BT TV.

'My BT' gives me no information. Nor does the hopeless Vodafone online, where 'Track My Order' is only set up for their mobile phone business.

I have no way of knowing where (or whether) the news of our full departure has become us just taking our landline elsewhere.
I find it hard to believe Vodafone only passed 'half a switch' onto BT or Openreach. Their emails today confirm the service activation day
as 9th October and the dispatch of the router days before.

Help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Only Acknowledging LANDLINE Switch to Vodafone. Somehow Unaware It's A Broadband Package???

Yes, it is!

The losing landline provider, here BT, is required by OFCOM to write to the current subscriber that some other provider, unknown to them as it's all handled by OR, wants to take over the line & giving them up to 2 weeks to object. This is to prevent slamming of phone lines. No such requirement is in place for BB.

I should trust Voda has everything in hand. As the gaining provider they should be handling everything to do with the migration under OFCOM's GPL (Gaining Provider Led) process.

woodface7
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Only Acknowledging LANDLINE Switch to Vodafone. Somehow Unaware It's A Broadband Package???

Apparently not. Spent all day in chat /support hell with BT on several continents (some of whom almost understand English and will happily guess any answer they think you want to hear).

Turns out Vodafone must have screwed up. They don't sell landline-only, but that's what they appear to have told BT / OpenReach is all we're moving.

Incredible. They had one job.

0 Ratings