cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rubyrose81
Message 1 of 4

BT Plus benefits - moving home - not a fault but a routing issue

Go to solution

Moved home on the 16th November and internet was supposed to be up and running on the 16th. Internet is still not up and running and will only be fixed by Tuesday 20th.

I am on BT Plus so as advertised :

"Keep Connected Promise : We'll switch on Broadband Backup (free unlimited mobile data) within an hour of reporting a fault." They refused to turn on unlimited data as I am not currently a customer with an active service.

After chatting to 5 different reps and spending about 45 mins on hold, I got the following explanations.

1 : You're in transition/limbo at the moment .... sorry.

2 : It isn't a fault it's a routing issue.... sorry.

3 : The promise doesn't apply to you as you are moving home and don't have an active service... sorry. (pretty sure my two mobiles count as a service)

Why should I pay for BT Plus when clearly there is no plus, I feel that this is really disingenuous.

I will wait for my contract to end and move on, too many similar issues with BT.

PS: They also lost my router; according to Royal Mail it was never received.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Plus benefits - moving home - not a fault but a routing issue

Go to solution

@Rubyrose81 wrote:

Moved home on the 16th November and internet was supposed to be up and running on the 16th. Internet is still not up and running and will only be fixed by Tuesday 20th.

I am on BT Plus so as advertised :

"Keep Connected Promise : We'll switch on Broadband Backup (free unlimited mobile data) within an hour of reporting a fault." They refused to turn on unlimited data as I am not currently a customer with an active service.

After chatting to 5 different reps and spending about 45 mins on hold, I got the following explanations.

1 : You're in transition/limbo at the moment .... sorry.

2 : It isn't a fault it's a routing issue.... sorry.

3 : The promise doesn't apply to you as you are moving home and don't have an active service... sorry. (pretty sure my two mobiles count as a service)

Why should I pay for BT Plus when clearly there is no plus, I feel that this is really disingenuous.

I will wait for my contract to end and move on, too many similar issues with BT.

PS: They also lost my router; according to Royal Mail it was never received.

Just so that you are aware, I think I am correct in saying that when you move your package in a "Home Move" you will start a new minimum term contract for the phone line so you may be with BT longer than you think or have to pay cancellation fees.

-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Just so that you are aware, I think I am correct in saying that when you move your package in a "Home Move" you will start a new minimum term contract for the phone line so you may be with BT longer than you think or have to pay cancellation fees.

You are correct, when moving services to a new address the line is renewed for 12 months minimum.

BT Plus was released when ? June/July roughly and are 18 month minimum terms, so the OP should have at least 12 months remaining.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
"Keep Connected Promise : We'll switch on Broadband Backup (free unlimited mobile data) within an hour of reporting a fault." They refused to turn on unlimited data as I am not currently a customer with an active service."

You quoted it yourself.... it says if you are reporting a fault. Unfortunately what you are reporting is not a fault. Even if a new customer took a BT Plus package out and then had a delay in the connection of those services they wouldn't get the 4g mini hub or unlimited data because it's not a fault that is being experienced...
0 Ratings