cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gazzaconns
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT Plus - my seperate BT mobile contract

Can a moderator please confirm that the below procedure copied from bt website is correct or not? My son and my wife want to maintain their own mobile accounts.

If you have BT Plus broadband and live in the same household as someone who's got a mobile account with us, you can share your Plus mobile benefits with them for no extra cost:
- Mobile Data Boost (double mobile data)
- An upgrade to our fastest 4G speed
- Our Keep Connected Promise - Broadband Backup

Find out more at Learn about BT Plus mobile benefits >

You don't need to do anything if your own BT Mobile and those belonging to others in your home are on the same account as the BT Plus broadband. In this case, the mobile benefits will be applied automatically.

But if someone lives in your home with their own account, you'll need to follow these steps:

How do I share my BT Plus mobile benefits?

If you're the BT Plus broadband account holder, you can share your BT Plus mobile benefits with any other BT Mobile customers living in your home. To do this:

• Click on Share your benefits in the Your mobile benefits section
  • Enter the email address of the BT Mobile customer on the next page
  • You'll get a 'success' message when the invitation has been sent

If you're the BT Mobile account holder

How do I claim my BT Plus mobile benefits?

If you receive an invitation from the BT Plus broadband account holder, you'll need to claim the benefits by following these steps:

• Click on the link within the email to check you're eligible
  • Scroll down to the Package section and click on the Mobile icon
  • Click See if you can claim at the top of the page, or Claim your mobile benefits at the bottom
  • Follow the on screen instructions. You'll be asked to enter the house landline number
  • Select Place order on the next page
  • The BT Plus mobile benefits will be added within an hour

If the account holder has sent you an invitation, but you don't receive it, check your junk/spam folder.

However, you don't need to wait for an invitation from the broadband account holder. You can follow these steps to check you're eligible:

• Scroll down to the Package section and click on the Mobile icon
  • Click See if you can claim at the top of the page, or Claim your mobile benefits at the bottom
  • Follow the on screen instructions. You'll be asked to enter the house landline number
  • If you're eligible, select Place order on the next page
  • The BT Plus mobile benefits will be added within an hour

I'm being told I'm not eligible to get the benefits?

To be eligible, BT Mobile customers must live at the address where the BT Plus broadband is installed. Our systems will check this when you try to claim the benefits.

If you're having problems:

1. Check your address details are up to date:
    - Click on View bill
    - Click on Edit billing address near the top right of the screen
    - This will show your existing billing address. If it's out of date, click on Change address to update it
    - Any changes you make should take place immediately, but you may need to wait for up to an hour before trying to claim the benefits again
  2. Check with the broadband account holder that they have BT Plus
  3. If you're still being told you're not eligible, please call us on 0800 800 150
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Hi @gazzaconns,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

The details you have posted are correct and the steps you would need to follow in order to share your BT Plus benefits.

You can find out more here - How to share your BT Plus mobile benefits

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gazzaconns
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

In that case we will keep trying and hope not to get the not eligible message. 

0 Ratings