cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Plus - pay £2.50 more per month for less.

I recontracted in May for 2 years with a £16.50 discount for Infinity 2.  Today I have a BT offer which offers to fix me for a shorter period, at the same speed for more money. I don't use a mobile so in what way is this an offer?

BT Plus offer.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Plus - pay £2.50 more per month for less.

Nothing said it is better than you have or is worth taking it but it is still an offer, albeit not one you'd want Smiley Wink

gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 5

I'm now wondering - my current price is based on a £16.50 rebate which would still apply if they put up the price, althought the sum paid would go up.  But if I took this offer, my price, not my rebate, is fixed for 18 months. That might be better after all.

Or have I misdirected myself?

Geoff

0 Ratings
Highlighted
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

From what I can find out it appears that existing discounts don't apply if you accept the new offer to recontract without paying the price rise in September.  Has anyone recontracted following this offer and managed to keep their existing discount for the full term of the new contract? 

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 5

I'm not looking for my existing rebate as well as the new lower fixed price.  It is not clear what this is all about.  If BT were a bit more honest about their pricing we might make progress.  Comparison sites don't work with this kind of shenanigans.

0 Ratings