Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
compassion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT, Policies & Profit vs understanding and humanity

My 88 year old father died recently and he was the account holder for BT.  My mother received an unexpectedly high bill and could not pay within the timeframe. We are still trying to sort out hter pension and my father's estate.  Although BT were notified of this, they disconnected her phone.  She is 86 years old, disabled and unwell.  She has an emergency call system to call family or the emergency services but this does not work without the phone line.  She lives alone and is still mourning the loss of her husband and now is cut off from the outside world.  I offered to make a payment immediately, agree a payment arrangement and clear the balance as soon as the estate is sorted out.  Apparently 'policy' prevents BT from being able to do anything about it until the amount is paid in full.  Well guess what??????? PEOPLE, write policies and good companies have high level permissions that can override policies.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT, Policies & Profit vs understanding and humanity

I am sure when a forum moderator reads this they will offer to help. If they can help they will contact you via this post.

compassion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thank you:-)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.

Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 12

Hi compassion,

Fill out the conact us link in the about me section of my profile and we will take a look at this for you.
cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
compassion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for this Christopher. I have done ths. Is there any timescale for response?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

The mods normally reply to you personally within 3/5 working days by either email or phone
0 Ratings
compassion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I sent a message on the 19th so I am only just within the timescale for a response and my mother has been without a phone for 5 days now.  We will see what happens today..........

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

it is working day the weekend is not included you are only on day 3
0 Ratings
compassion
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

6 working days......still no reply.....

Tags (1)