Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chunty
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Primary ID

Go to solution

This is a long story but I'll try and keep it brief. When I met my wife in 1996 she was using the landline number we still use today. When I moved in with her a year later I took on the bills and since then have been managing the account. However recently I tried to download BT Cloud from the Extras selection on My BT (having logged in successfully) but it refuses to allow me to do because apparently I am not the registered account holder.

So I got through to the security centre earlier today, they spoke to my wife who advised them to make me the primary ID and account holder. After some considerable waiting they reported that it had been done and would take twenty minutes to be recognised by the system. Three hours later I go back to My BT, attempt to access BT Cloud and get the same message as before... I am not the registered account holder blah blah blah. 

This is beyond frustrating. We took the matter to BT's highest level and they said it was sorted, what else can we do? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Primary ID

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

The account holder cannot be changed, apart from one exception.

The only way would be to cancel the existing account in her name, and start a new account in your name. That would probably result in you losing your current phone number, and possible cancellation charges if she was still in a contract.

This would no be worth it, just to get access to BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

As has already been explained you can not change the account holder's details. You would need to start a new account and all that that entails.

You can however have different levels of access to the BT account depending on your BTID status.

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45333/c/1850

I suspect that the BT Customers Service agents have thought this is what you wanted and have possibly changed things to make you an account manager.

As you will see it will give you direct access to some of the BT services but not them all. I think the exclusion includes BTCloud which is exclusively for the account holder and not sub account holders such as your self.

In order to get access to it you would need to use your wife's BTID and set it up from there and use her BTID in order to access it. She would of course need to agree to you having such access.

chunty
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for the reply, it seems you know more about BT's systems than the people at their own centres. Appreciated DC

0 Ratings