cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 19

BT Privacy Caller Display 'is now free'.... except I am being charged for it!

Go to solution

Just got my November bill and it looks like BT billing system has been unable to cope with the removal of charges for BT Privacy Caller Display.

My bill has a note saying I cancelled my BT Privacy Caller Display on 1st October, so has refunded me £0.00 from 1/10/18 to 15/10/18(!)

Then it has charged me £2.63 for the period 1/10/18 to 15/10/18 for this 'free' service.

Then it has charged me £1.75 in advance for the period 16/11/15 to 15/12/18. And to add insult to injury there is a note against this charge saying 'BT Caller Privacy Display is provided free of charge'!

So it looks that I have been overcharged £4.38 on this bill for a now free service, and will continue to pay £1.75 a month from now on unless this is fixed!

Anyone else spotted this billing disaster this month?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Privacy Caller Display 'is now free'.... except I am being charged for it!

Go to solution
Just give them a ring on 0800 800 150. Possibly a Data Integrity issue on your account that will just need sending off to be manually updated.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Re: BT Privacy Caller Display 'is now free'.... except I am being charged for it!

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London sorry about that, we'll be happy to look at this for you if you send over your info on the 'click here to contact the mods' link. You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks @NeilO. I have submitted the information. I haven't made a seperate phone complaint as I know the forum team are the best at getting these things fixed! Just strange that this has happened now as my October bill was fine.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@Colin_London No problem, we'll be in touch once you've reached the top of our queue Smiley Happy

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Mpet
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I'v had exactly the same problem - just received my bill and charged £1.75 from 17/11 - 16/12 and a further £2.68 for the period 1/10 - 16 /11

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@Mpet sorry about this. Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Mpet
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Many thanks  Neil - details PM'd to you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

@Mpet wrote:

Many thanks  Neil - details PM'd to you

PMs don't always get results (ask Theresa). You need to complete the form accessed by clicking the "contact the mods" link in Neil's profile.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@Mpet and @pottyperson it's OK the contact the mods link was used.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings