cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Privacy Caller Display 'is now free'.... except I am being charged for it!

Go to solution

@MpetGood to know that i'm not the only one. Helps narrow down where this problem has occurred in BTs billing system.

0 Ratings
Coight
Message 12 of 19

Re: BT Privacy Caller Display 'is now free'.... except I am being charged for it!

Go to solution

I think its just you mate. Not using personally. But a friend gave glowing reviews

0 Ratings
Mpet
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution
I was pleased to find this posting as I thought it was just me and I would have to ‘do battle’ With 150!
0 Ratings
Catfriend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Exactly the same here! I have spent about half an hour puzzling my bill, and am glad I am not the only one. I suppose I will have to ring them now unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Catfriend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Just an update to my previous post - I have spoken to a very helpful lady at BT and she confirmed that this is indeed an issue affecting many customers, and my charges will be refunded, so hopefully that will happen.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Hi all

I can confirm that what @Catfriend has been advised is indeed correct.

A number of customers have been incorrectly charged for caller display, however anyone affected by this will receive an automatic refund on your next bill.

I am very sorry for this mix-up, and please do post back if anyone has any further problems with this.

Needless to say,no further charges will be raised as well.

@Colin_London I picked up your email, thanks for sending in your details. I have logged this on your account, and I can confirm that any charges raised for caller display will be refunded on your next bill.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks @StephanieG. Will check for the credit next month. Not too much of an issue for me, but I imagine there will be some for whom nearly £5 extra on their bill will be unwelcome.

I’m hoping at some stage for a steady state on my account and for no new ‘surprises’ like this!
0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for the information. I just noticed the caller ID charge on my November bill, not only charging me for next month but also back-billing me since October 1st.

Just had a chat with online support and they also said I'll get a refund next month.

Very disappointing to hear that BT is aware they overcharged me, but they do not care notifying me of the mistake and take their time to refund me. I trust BT with a direct debit, I would expect better when they know they made a mistake...

0 Ratings
Redlollipop
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for all of your messages, add me to the list of customers refunded and charged for free BT Privacy Caller Display.  Good to know that I'm not the only one.  Hope the problem has been rectified and no one else is being charged.

From all of the complaints, at least BT know which customers actually bother to read and check their bills.

Hope to receive the refund on the next bill as suggested but I'm going to give them call anyway to make sure they are aware I have the problem.

As the saying goes 'it's technology innit' - great when it works, confusion, and time wasting to sort out problems when it doesn't

0 Ratings