Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimplyTed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Privacy bill query

Go to solution

I find BT bills are very confusing. I have on my bill:

credit: Discount Caller Display, you get your phone line at a special rate we show this on your bill by giving you a refund of £1.75 per month. -  (minus) £5.25               Caller display lets you see who's calling - right? 

BT Privacy Caller Display 12 months offer, this is the cost of your BT privacy caller display 12 months offer charged in advance (£1.75 a month)  £5.25   so what is the difference between these two calling features and am I in fact paying for it instead of getting it free (free because I signed a new contract)

Thank you in advance for any help 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Privacy

Go to solution

It's just an over-complex bit of marketing. Caller Display costs £1.75 a month with BT Privacy (which also registers you with the Telephone Preference Service). It used to be free if ordered via Privacy but BT got fed up with giving it away unconditionally so you now have to commit to line rental for 12 months to keep CD without charge. It's normal for BT bills to show discounts by charging you in one line and giving it back in the next.

I notice that you're billed monthly, which probably means you have the Monthly Payment Plan (same amount each month with regular reviews). It's worth considering a switch to monthly billing, which is generally more user-friendly.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
SimplyTed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Privacy

Go to solution

Thanks your explanation was helpful, I clicked several times on the white star but nothing happened.Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings