cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Refusing to honour contract

Hello, 

I have just renewed my contract with BT, a whole package deal for £61.99 I have an email from BT proving this. Yet BT will NOT honour this contract. This is the second bill I have received for my new contract and the second time they have charged me full price for my package. The first time I spoke to customer services they sorted it and honoured my new contract. This time customer services and complaints team refuses to honour this new contract. Can someone help with this please? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Danathan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Refusing to honour contract

What are the reasons you have been given?

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 7

@fishbloodstiffswrote:

Hello, 

I have just renewed my contract with BT, a whole package deal for £61.99 I have an email from BT proving this.

When you say you have an email proving it, are you referring to an order confirmation ? that confirmation email will only list the services that were changed on that order, if you have other services that were not changed, they will not be listed on the confirmation email.

Which could be the discrepancy between your bill and the order confirmation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The reason I was given is they sent an email saying my bill was going up before I renewed my contract. after the email I renewed my contract and got the package deal I stated above. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

On the order confirmation it states my ongoing charges will be £61.99 total due to having special discount.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @fishbloodstiffs,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry if the charges on your bill were higher than expected.

If you were only changing your Broadband package then the order confirmation would only include the monthly cost of that service. The confirmation wouldn't include any other services you might already have active on your accounts like BT TV or BT Sport unless were included as part of that order.

If you have a look at the order confirmation what package did you change? 

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 7 of 7

@fishbloodstiffswrote:

On the order confirmation it states my ongoing charges will be £61.99 total due to having special discount.

Read your order confirmation again, do you have other services that are not listed in that email ?