Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spluff
Expert
Message 1 of 40

BT Remote Access - Urgent

Hi all,

I have a problem with my BT Bill not viewing online.  An Indian called me about it and said it was fixed, which it was not and then asked to remote access my PC to fix it.  I refused and they said they cannot fix unless access to PC - so i said to call me back later tonight

Is this normal practice and how do i know if they are dodgy?

What software is used?

How can i tell if its bogus?

Cheers

spluff

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
spluff
Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: BT Remote Access - Urgent

OK and there is more - I decide to speak with advisor on BT Chat (from India) and he says that he is sending me a 4 digit code that I need to tell him. I send him code and then read email and it says "You recently asked to reset you BT ID password"

I didn't authorise this - he says "*edited by mod* I know but in order to resolve this I will have to make changes to your MyBT account."

Is this also legitimate?

I am feeling very insecure using BT

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 40

I would not allow any BT or for that matter any other person to remotely access my computer especially if it was requested by them calling me.

If you call BT and during that call they request to access your computer, you would probably be safe to do so.

I am not sure if they have to reset your BTID password in order to make changes to your MyBT account but I have my doubts.

I have asked a moderator to have a look at your post to see if they can throw any light on it and/or help you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 40

Hi @spluff Sorry you are having difficulty accessing your online account.

There would be no need for remote access to fix nearly all these types of case. Drop us over your details and we will be happy to help you get this fixed. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 5 of 40

sent message - i am getting a call back at 7pm which i will refuse them access to my PC

Please answer my questions and resolve

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 6 of 40

He has also changed my talk21 (bt / yahoo email)

I need to use the password he changed it to - when i try and change it its asking for my DOB Post Code and security question.

It fails everytime.

I am very concerned that he has changed my email password and I cannot change this

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 40

Hi @spluff I can see that you have completed the form for us. If you receive any call just politely decline the offer of help and tell them that the Community Forum are helping you instead. 

We will be in touch with you as soon as you reach the top of our queue.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 8 of 40

Cheers John

I am most concerned about my email password being changed and risk of fraud that he can access my emails. Can you reset it first with me.

I have log of chat back at work which I can forward to you So he can be investigated!!!

Thanks
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 9 of 40

I know you might be busy but is there any update on this. I am worried that this BT employee has committed fraud and has access to my email.

Thanks
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 10 of 40

i was on the phone during work and a guy left a voice mail 

he said he will ring back tomorrow - this needs sorting out soon

0 Ratings