Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mushy101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

BT Reward Card Blocked

Go to solution

Hi I received a BT reward card a while ago, I should have received an activation code via email but never did so. I tried to activate the card today by requesting the code online, the message I receive says that the card is blocked on the pure website.

I contacted BT to see what the problem is and they said that the Pure will need issue a new card. I phoned up Pure and was told that BT will need to issue a new card. I’ve just spent the best part of 2 hours to trying to resolve this only to be sent between the two companies.

I would really appreciate it if I can be given clear instructions on how to get this matter resolved.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT Reward Card Blocked

Go to solution

@mushy101wrote:

Hi I received a BT reward card a while ago, I should have received an activation code via email but never did so. I tried to activate the card today by requesting the code online, the message I receive says that the card is blocked on the pure website.

I contacted BT to see what the problem is and they said that the Pure will need issue a new card. I phoned up Pure and was told that BT will need to issue a new card. I’ve just spent the best part of 2 hours to trying to resolve this only to be sent between the two companies.

I would really appreciate it if I can be given clear instructions on how to get this matter resolved.

Hope you get it sorted.  It’s so annoying when you keep getting passed back and too.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @mushy101 Sorry you have not been able to get your reward card activated.

Please complete This Form for the reward card team and they will be able to resolve this for you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
mushy101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you, i have just completed the form hopefully they can get this resolved.

0 Ratings
mushy101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you, i hope so too, it was one of the reasons why i chose BT it will be very disappointing if i now cant claim the reward.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @mushy101 Thanks for that once the rewards team get back to you please come back and update the thread to let us know how you got on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
mushy101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution
Not a problem, hopefully i will have good news.
0 Ratings
mushy101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

Hi, I received an update to this issue and it is highly frustrating. I clearly stated in the email that i did not receive an activation code via email or via post. The only email I ever received was that the card was on its way. Having no received he code i was obviously unable to activate in time and now the card is blocked. The only reason why i didnt go with another provider was that this reward worked out to make the deal cheaper at the time.

This is the response i received via email. I'm not sure how many times i have to explain it, i've already done so at least 3 times, not to menion the very long waits for someone to answer.

Dear XXXXXX ,

Thank you for your patience while we’ve been investigating this matter.

As per the process you should have activated your Reward card within 3 months of receiving the card.

Since you have failed to activate the voucher within the advised timeframe, the voucher has been blocked / expired.

Also to let you know that the activation code is always sent in your registered email address.

*Edited By Mod*

0 Ratings
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

@mushy101wrote:

Hi, I received an update to this issue and it is highly frustrating. I clearly stated in the email that i did not receive an activation code via email or via post. The only email I ever received was that the card was on its way. Having no received he code i was obviously unable to activate in time and now the card is blocked. The only reason why i didnt go with another provider was that this reward worked out to make the deal cheaper at the time.

This is the response i received via email. I'm not sure how many times i have to explain it, i've already done so at least 3 times, not to menion the very long waits for someone to answer.

Dear XXXXXX ,

Thank you for your patience while we’ve been investigating this matter.

As per the process you should have activated your Reward card within 3 months of receiving the card.

Since you have failed to activate the voucher within the advised timeframe, the voucher has been blocked / expired.

Also to let you know that the activation code is always sent in your registered email address.

Mushy, that is a stupid response from them, they are not understanding your good plain English to them.  I do hope you get it sorted soon.  Best wishes.

0 Ratings
Normzydj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

Also had nothing but trouble in getting any help for my reward card. Im now out of contract

0 Ratings