Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adeo63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT Reward Card?

Go to solution

I've been a been a bt broadband customer for approximately over 18 months now. Originally joined as BT was offering £150 reward card incentive, which was the deal breaker helping to reduce the original contract quite considerably. Without the £150 reward card very much doubt I would have joined bt! and probably would of joined another ip!

I've used approximately £70 but had problems  using reward card to purchase online several months ago, whuwh put me off trying to use the remaining £80+. Because of the problems of using i had forgotten about the remaining credit until recently, on the 31st march this year I remembered that I had to use it as it was the last day before it expires! But again I tried using it to purchase online but again it was declined! Consequently I've now lost my £80! 

I've spoken with BT customer service, asking them to do the right thing and please issue me a new card with remaining £80+ credit, but BT say NO. it's not policy and this information was apparently sent to me originally when I received reward card! I've also spoken with pure card issuer and they said NO. the remaining credit is retained by BT!
I've had a reward card expire via sky broadband several years ago and they did the right thing and issued another replacement card so I could use my remaining credit, cannot see why BT refuse to do same!
So much for so called customer/provider loyalty! It works both ways, or it use to!
I know were my loyalty will be going next time BT increase their prices before January 2020! It will probably be with another provider! Unless BT discount my renewal contract with my £80+ !!!!

0 Ratings
adeo63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 32

Remaining BT reward card £80+ credit,replacement card refused!

Go to solution

I've been a been a bt broadband customer for approximately over 18 months now. Originally joined as BT was offering £150 reward card incentive, which was the deal breaker helping to reduce the original contract quite considerably. Without the £150 reward card very much doubt I would have joined bt! and probably would of joined another ip!

I've used approximately £70 but had problems  using reward card to purchase online several months ago, which had put me off trying to use the remaining £80+. Because of the problems of using i had forgotten about the remaining credit until recently, on the 31st march this year I remembered that I had to use it as it was the last day before it expires! But again I tried using it to purchase online but again it was declined! Consequently I've now lost my £80! 

I've spoken with BT customer service, asking them to do the right thing and please issue me a new card with remaining £80+ credit, but BT say NO. it's not policy and this information was apparently sent to me originally when I received reward card! I've also spoken with pure card issuer and they said NO. the remaining credit is retained by BT!
I've had a reward card expire via sky broadband several years ago and they did the right thing and issued another replacement card so I could use my remaining credit, cannot see why BT refuse to do same!
So much for so called customer/provider loyalty! It works both ways, or it use to!
I know were my loyalty will be going next time BT increase their prices before January 2020! It will probably be with another provider! Unless BT discount my renewal contract with my £80+ !!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @Oscarmax  Thanks for sending over your details. I've checked and can see that you have also been in touch with your MP and they have contacted our executive level complaints team on your behalf. They are handling your complaint and have contacted you via email yesterday. Please reply back to them and they will be happy to help you resolve this.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Oscarmax
Beginner
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

BT have investigated as told me it is online renewals only, I told them the online facility was down at the time and I folllowed the advice in BT letter to us provided dedicated no.

As far as they are concerned I am not entitled full stop

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @Oscarmax  did you check the email sent by executive level complaints team? If so and you remain unhappy with their response please reply back directly to them and they will be happy to help you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Oscarmax
Beginner
Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

they phoned our BT mobile they did not email on this occasion

0 Ratings
adeo63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

I thought at least one of you BT mods would have had the decency to reply? At least confirm BT s terrible policy on not reissuing replacement MasterCard and refusing to give me access to my £80+. But seems silence is the ultimate best BT policy, I would of thought better of a telecommunications company than to stay stumm! How embarrassing for BT!!! Really helpful forum this! Roll on end of contract date, can't wait to move to another ISP!!!

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @adeo63,

I'm sorry you had problems using your BT Rewards Card. Once the Reward Card is issued you have 12 month to use it.

If you had signed up to BT 18 months ago its likely that the card had expired before the 31st of March. You can find out more information about the BT Reward Card here - Information about the BT Reward Card

If the card was still active and inside the 12 month of it being issued you would need to contact Pure Card to arrange a replacement card.

Email

BT@Purecard.com

Telephone

0344 879 1068*

Our customer service agents are available from 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. You can report your card lost or stolen on this number at any time.

By Post

BT Reward Card, Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9TD

PaddyB

0 Ratings
adeo63
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks, already know all that, purecard said once card expires no replacement issued and BT keep my unused £80+ credit/money! Just can't understand why BT will not give me my £80+ back after all it was an incentive to get me to give my custom to BT!!! If sky can reissue MasterCard credit after it expires no reason why BT cannot do right thing and do the same!!! 

If BT will not play ball and reimburse me then definitely be moving to another ISP asap!!! The ball's in BT s court!!!

0 Ratings
Oscarmax
Beginner
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

In the end I contacted my local mp, bt phoned and informed me they will credit my account with £50

0 Ratings