cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

BT Reward card, is this a scam ?

Hi

I have been trying to claim my £95 reward card that I got for signing up to broadband in Jan 18. I have the card but cannot get the activation code from BT. I have tried live chat, 50 mins of phone calls, 2 months of emailing with the people that are meant to give you the code and still no code. I have a formal complaint with BT but just end up on the phone again with someone saying they can't resolve it.

BT keep saying this is something they pass on to Purecard. But you can't get a resposne form Purecard or BT. I think BT are doing this to make it hard to get the money as I can't se any other reason for such terrible customer service. I am looking at court action as I am so frustrated at being misled. Can anyone help fix this before I have to go down that route   ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Reward card, is this a scam ?

@Nem the activation codes are emailed out by pure card and I'm really sorry they haven't responded to you. We'll raise this with the rewards team to see if they can get this sorted.

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Hi
Thanks for replying but I have been emailing the purecard bt team that are meant to resolve this for 2 months. They say they have emailed it, when it does not arrive they reconfirm the email address and say they sent it. Then they admit the email address they are sending it to is wrong and confirm they have updated it and sent it. Round and round and round for over 2 months. Clearly they are told not to actually resolve the issue which is why I’m starting to think this is a trick by BT to get you to sign a 12 month contract and then you never get the promised card.

As mentioned I need a way to break the cycle and get a resolution or I can’t see any choice but to attempt court action. I have asked to cancel the contract but that just gets ignored by the person on the phone.

Any info on how to get someone to actually deal with the issue would be great
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I got an email from, cardholder services, last week with my activation code. Outlook dumped the email into my junk folder. I would check there. If you find it, you need to go onto purecard.com to activate it. 

So i have activated my card, went straight onto amazon to buy £70 worth of top up credit for there store, just wanted to bin the card. It gets declined and they charged me £1. Balance now at £69, so it is activated. Not sure if amazon just declined the card or if they automatically charge £1 for these prepaid cards? Maybe i should have tried a £69 top up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I had the same with Amazon.  Because it's a 'new' card number, they bill for £1 authorisation .  They don't actually take the £1, it will reappear on your card credit after 10 days.  See Amazon FAQs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

I’ve been through all that it’s not in the Junk and when I suggested they try my work email they have just started a whole new story claiming I sent an attachment ! It’s comical but glad to know it is possible to get it activated even if you still haven’t managed to use it 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

@Nem did you fill in the 'click here to contact the mods' link that I mentioned yesterday? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

I was also after my activation code, checked all folders in my email and nothing.

However, I went onto Purecard website and immediately it asks to resend your activation code using the card id (front of reward card) I did this and it came over straight away!

You then just need to get your card pin after activation on the purecard website. All done within 2mins!!!

BT are not very helpful as this is all they needed to tell you.

Enjoy your spending!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I'm having trouble activating my card,I ca get onto the pure site but when I click send code it take around an hour to send it by which time it has expired.

Not a very good system 

0 Ratings