cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mychips
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Ripping Loyal Customers off Again!!

Just noticed a big jump of £11 a month for combined Broadband and TV. £11 doesnt sound like a lot but when your on a budget its a sizable amount. Ive spoken to 150 options team in Glasgow and no joy there in the fact that the structure im on puts my bill at 60.99 and a new customer gets the same for £49.99.

Look online for my best personal offers and its saying its the same as what im on! so where is the benefit for loyal customers ? none really so now i have to pay another £11 a month for the next 10 months as aparently i was put on a 24month contract which i didnt know there were any but ive got one. so for the next months BT get another £110+ out of me for being with them, I have 2 BT mobiles, Broadband and TV. 

Why cant you BT when offering personal deals do packages ? as i now feel completley ripped off 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Ripping Loyal Customers off Again!!

BT is no different to others who give better deals to new customers  if you want to save money then you should change ISP everytime your contract ends and that way you become a new customer and get cheapest deals

there are similar post just like this and probably on other ISP forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 8

When a new customer joins they get a welcome discount, just like you would of recieved when you joined, you've had yours but as an existing customer you can still get a promotion applied, what's unfair about that ?

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

I’m moving from BT after getting my recent bill.  I wish my income went up by the same % as my BT bill.

Maybe I’ll come back to BT in 18 months when the deal with my new ISP ends.  I’ll  then be a new BT customer and they may offer me a sensible deal.

Companies like BT rely on customer inertia.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

@jaybeetoo wrote:

Companies like BT rely on customer inertia.

All companies do, that's why you are getting a better deal with a new ISP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

There's no doubt that you can save money by changing provider each time a minimum period deal expires. There's also a great opportunity for one or both of the companies involved to botch the switching process, leading to any amount of grief. I regard the potential savings spurned by my inertia as an insurance premium against that grief as well as the bother involved.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

You could also argue that by companies doing this and making consumers shop around more, that it is actually better for the consumer and creates healthy competition between providers. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 8

@Dean007wrote:

You could also argue that by companies doing this and making consumers shop around more, that it is actually better for the consumer and creates healthy competition between providers. 

Really? You could argue that, but no one would believe you.

Stew