Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 71 of 75

Re: CALL PLAN ISSUE

Go to solution

Well phone the options team tomorrow and see what you can negotiate 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 72 of 75

Go to solution

@c1b1evan wrote:

I still don’t understand why I negotiated a contract, if mid term it  can be altered

Because it's allowed in the terms and conditions which you accept when you enter a contract. The T&C do specify that you have the right to cancel the contract without penalty if a change affects you materially; according to the article linked in my previous message, this was confirmed at the end of the emailed notice.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
c1b1evan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 75

Go to solution

Contract, in the simplest definition, a promise enforceable by law. ... The making of a contract requires the mutual assent of two or more persons, one of them ordinarily making an offer and another accepting. If one of the parties fails to keep the promise, the other is entitled to legal redress.

I don’t see any “Legal redress” in the email -just the offer to leave if I don’t like it.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 74 of 75

Go to solution

Acceptance of the T&C means that they form part of the contract.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Pogleswoody
Beginner
Message 75 of 75

Go to solution

"From December to May you paid £2.84 for calls not included in your current plan. With your new plan you should see no charges like this, so there’ll be no unexpected surprises and based on your recent calls, you’ll save money."

So I pay £27.00 extra to save £2.84, wow! That is a great deal! 

So the price and term I agreed to 'contract' are meaningless because BT can just change everything? If they 'break' their side of the contract, I can leave without penalty?? Gee thanks. 

And, where is the 'thumbs down' option if I think your answers suck? 

0 Ratings