Unfortunately, I don’t come here with good news and I would appreciate the below work being forwarded to the appropriate channels by the moderator team. I’m writing this on behalf of the account owner (with their permission) and myself (second account holder)
Let me start from the beginning,
- I recently moved into a new flat which was is owned by a member of the family. They had BT services and moved these services away to their new property. As I knew BT was already in the property, I took out a new contract for phone line, infinity and the basic TV package. Unfortunately, this is where things started to go wrong.
- Original connect date was 13th September with activation date being 25th. This was delayed until 29th September (2 weeks after connection)
- After this date passed, no connection was present and I was continuously told it was hardware setup related (Routers, filters etc.). I reviewed this many times, including logging onto the router with no issues found.
- After various calls, back and forward, with no help with any of the BT team (always passed through to India), of whom I was cut off whilst speaking to them stating “it’s closed. The advertised hours on the website state 24/7.
- Finally, after discussing the problems with my brother in law (me writing this email), we found the issues. Somewhere, someone had linked our accounts. This had somehow caused confusion. To confirm, we never asked for this link and BT were not made aware of us knowing each other.
- Now, the account below has services but I’m still yet to receive anything.
- Yet again, I’m told a fault is on the line and the date of fix is continuously moved (I’m told an engineer will be visiting tomorrow). I now have to give up my weekend time in order for this to be fixed, approximately 1 month after the original date.
- In addition to the above, I’ve now been charged £70 for the services and router, of which I’m yet to use.
- I’ve used all my personal minutes + data allowance trying to fix this issue on my mobile phone and I’ve been unable to work on any university work for the last month (studying for a Masters)
- Please see the below point’s on account 2.
- We took our services from the above property with us to our new property. This included line rental, infinity, TV + entertainment package.
- I was given an activation date of 16 September when an engineer would visit my property to install a new line (I had to renew my contract in order to avoid the £130 fee)
- On 16th September, the engineer arrived 2 hours beyond the original morning appointment, but had the cheek to send me a text message to say he was on his way. He then called me to say he would be late with no reason as to why (I imagine this was for KPI / SLA agreements)
- The engineer arrived, was very rude, no apology for being late. He installed the line (I requested a box upstairs – near my PC). The engineer drilled a hole through my wall, though an existing box was present. He used a black cable to come out the front of the box, into the new hole in the wall and up the side of the property. When I challenged this, I was told it was the easiest way (hole not cable) The new box was installed upstairs in my front bedroom.
- As quickly as he arrived, he quickly left, quoting exchange work required. After spending some time at the exchange, I was received a call stating all was working and I assumed the job was done.
- Upon my testing the next day, the broadband was not working correctly (3mb down, 5 up). In addition to this, I was unable to use my internet TV channels as the router was located upstairs (Was told on the phone power adapters would be provided)
- After various calls with technical support, I was informed various faults on the line and that they would be fixed ‘soon’. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t listen to any of my comments regarding the TV until the broadband had been fixed.
- For the duration of 2 weeks, the broadband was completely unstable and TV channels were not usable (the ones which I pay for). This resulted in another engineer visit, someone who was more polite and considerate of our issues 1) The incorrect install of a new box, 2) no internet TV channels
- We were advised to raise a complaint via Openreach regarding the original engineer. At the same time, I was finally sent some power adapters to use the TV (3 weeks after original ‘activation date’).
- Unfortunately, my problems persisted. Now that I had internet TV (after the problem always being myself), I was receiving the wrong broadband speed & apparently had no subscriptions to additional channels. Further conversations with technical support (3-4 days) finally resulted in them agreeing that actually what I do pay for on my previous bills, I should be receiving. It seems that my account had been switched to the account above / linked. I was receiving the incorrect service.
- Last week, things have been correctly put in place but I find my self at a loss on the amount of time I spent on the phone, time with no services and the fact I now have a black cable with a hole in my wall (my 9 month old will really enjoy pulling that out).
- I have raised complaints with both BT and Openreach but I still have not had a single phone call as to progress and compensation.
- To date, I’ve received a £2 compensation for “not receiving HD services”
Now I ask, is it me or do BT just not care? How has this happened? Why must I liaise with Openreach considering it’s your 3rd party contractor? I have a professional life and if I ever treated my customers like this I wouldn’t have a job. If you would prefer, I can invoice BT for my time, my day rate is quite attractive.
Before you ask, I have good knowledge of IT and it was me walking the technical support team through my issues (via logging onto the router).
Please may I ask that a senior member of the complaints team, customer facing, on boarding, journey team (WHOMEVER) call me so we can discuss how we resolve this problem going forward and to ensure that you don’t loose 2 accounts worth of business. I expect a case manager to be picking this up directly.
I would like someone to take ownership of this issue and actually listen to a customer experiencing problems with the service.
I’m happy to arrange a conference call of which I have my own details we can use. I use this to deal with my customers and stakeholders in the correct way.
I look forward to receiving a call later today. Kind Regards, Mike
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.
I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?
Yet again BT have wasted my time.
I was told by a Level 2 advisor this morning at 830am an engineer would be with me between 8 & 1pm today.
He hasnt arrived and ive wasted my Saturday on the phone to BR.
You leave me no choice but to cancel and to contact Ofcom. I think ive been fair and tried to contact BT but nobody is able to help me.
I can confirm I did follow that process and unfortunately haven't received any calls or emails.
Due to the account mix-up, there seems to be a query on broadband usage for 3 days (when the accounts were crossed over)
Please can you confirm if I can obtain these, including Mac-Address of the device accessing. The My BT area seems to not have this information for either account.