cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kwaker5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport (BT Broadband and Sky TV user) - how much should it cost?

Go to solution

I am paying £12.50/month to BT for BT Sport Pack (£7.50) and BT Sport HD (£5.00) (I am a Sky HD TV customer).

Today I had a letter asking me to renew BT Broadband 'to avoid paying a £6.75 monthly out of contract charge for BT Sport' 

Obviously £6.75 is less than I am paying now so should I just not renew my Broadband?   Or will this mean I lose BT Sport?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport (BT Broadband and Sky TV user) - how much should it cost?

Go to solution

I think that is an additional charge not replacing what you are paying now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kwaker5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks. My husband needs to find a cheaper hobby. Just looked into leaving BT for Sky but I will have to pay over £30/month for BT Sport if I do that!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @kwaker5

Welcome and thanks for your post!

To answer your question, our BT Sport prices changed on 7th January 2018.  BT Sport on the Sky digital platform (in contract) is now £10 per month and the BT Sport HD pack is £6.50 (£5 before 7th January 2018).

The letter you received was explaining that as your broadband contract is due to expire there will be an out of contract charge of £6.75.  Therefore it would be £10 + £6.75 out of contract = £16.75 + £6.50 for the BT Sport HD pack.

In total, the monthly BT Sport rental would be £23.25.  You can avoid this by simply renewing your broadband contract which would keep your monthly rental at £16.50.  You can speak to our customer options team about this on 0800 800 030.

Cheers,

Robbie

kwaker5
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for clearing that up
0 Ratings