cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport -- Current 18 month Offer

Just renewed B/Band contract & have been given BT Sport for 18 months FREE!

After 18 months do I have to contact them if I don't want it anymore or do they just cut off the service or start Billing me?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport -- Current 18 month Offer

You will have to give 30 days notice for tv, or it will just go on a rolling month to month contract. If you only want it for 18 months let BT know in month 17. 

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 3 of 5

@Zombiewrote:

You will have to give 30 days notice for tv, or it will just go on a rolling month to month contract. If you only want it for 18 months let BT know in month 17. 

So what is the cancellation procedure?

I tried to get the 18 month BB deal without BT sport but was told it's not possible!

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 5

TV cancellations have to be done over the phone. You might as well have it for 18 months for free, but if you don’t want to continue with it afterwards just call BT in month 17 that way you will give them 30 days notice to stop the sport. The sport will then get turned off in month 18 and won’t cost you anything. If you cancel in month 18 with the 30 days notice that will take you to month 19 and you will have to pay for it for a month. 

No doubt though during your contract you will come across numerous offers in your “MYBT” to re contract for the same price with the same package or even better deals. So I wouldn’t recommend trying to cancel it now whilst it free,  as it’s on your package deal you could end up with free access to the sport over and over again. 

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, have added a Calender memo to cancel in December 2019 unless as you suggest I can get another free offer to extend.

@Zombiewrote:

TV cancellations have to be done over the phone. You might as well have it for 18 months for free, but if you don’t want to continue with it afterwards just call BT in month 17 that way you will give them 30 days notice to stop the sport. The sport will then get turned off in month 18 and won’t cost you anything. If you cancel in month 18 with the 30 days notice that will take you to month 19 and you will have to pay for it for a month. 

No doubt though during your contract you will come across numerous offers in your “MYBT” to re contract for the same price with the same package or even better deals. So I wouldn’t recommend trying to cancel it now whilst it free,  as it’s on your package deal you could end up with free access to the sport over and over again. 

0 Ratings