cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Sport no longer free?

Go to solution
Plus the other two change points it lists of course.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Sorry to disagree but there has been no e-mail from BT.

I use a Firefox mail client which stores every e-mail I have received from any-one over the past eight years (all 30 gig of them) - I have loads from BT about bills, new contracts, Friday Fix, Net Protect, Programme Information BUT NONE about the price change to BT Sport.

This will be backed up by the call I received from BT today formally notifing me that I have until the end of Aug to either down-grade, accept (with a new contract), or cancel. They did not say they had sent a letter - they wanted to talk through my options as they were starting to charge for BT Sport. I was quite happy with that until I tried to find out the full information and saw the comments about e-mails etc.

I have certainly not received any written communication from BT in any form whatsoever as per their terms and conditions.

BT may wish to claim they have written - but I have not received anything and hence cannot make a decision on a non-existant communication. As I have plenty of communication from BT on everything else it is clearly a BT issue.

What is most irritating is the arrogance of stating they have written hence I must be in the wrong - but then again it's what I have come to expect nowadays.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution
I totally accept that you haven't received a formal written communication, but to assume BT tried to hide things in a Friday Fix email seems a bit extreme. Most people seem to have got the formal communication ok.

Did you ask BT to check when any related email or letter was sent to you? In my experience the Customer Options Team can usually see any recent communications for my account on their system, tell me the date they were sent and even read back the content.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

I have to say I received the email on an account that I only set up as a test account (which is rarely , if ever, checked) and is in no way linked to MYBT nor is it my Primary email address. I only discovered it after reading about the changes to BT Sport on the forum. However, it was very painless cancelling BT Sport via the options team.

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for the comment.

I did not ask if I had been sent any communication as the BT man said he was calling to inform me - and it was the first I have heard, hence ther was no reason to ask that question - it was only checking after the call I realised what had happened.

I "suspect" BT has a system glitch as he spent 5-10 minutes trying to downgrade me to the Lite version - but first he could not find my subscription on my line/number and then he could not downgrade on his BT system!!

I "suspect" this is linked to another BT issue as I have two lines and BT "think" my BroadBand is on the line that I do not use for BroadBand! (In fact this caused issues when I changed to BT - they promised to  "sort" this out - but never have).

Hence I will ring the team on 0800 800 030 - when I can steel myself for the time on the phone.....

(After the call from BT I logged in and tried to downgrade on-line - I hoped that it would save time - but got the message back that I had to call - clearly there is an issue with BT systems.)

If everything goes OK there is not any issue - what I object to is BT having an issue with my account - and instead of the contact who called me to sort my BT Sport contract actually sorting it out I have to call anbother BT dept and sort it - otherwise I will be charged!!!!! Wasted time spent for something I have not asked for.......

This is not a very customer focussed way to do business - but the again it is BT.........

Then again if BT had written and/or if the BT web site would accept my instructions and/or if the BT person who called me took responsibility for sorting BT's issue all would be OK - but too many if's................

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

When I phoned 0800.800.030 to cancel I was on the phone for less than 5 minutes so you should not have to steel yourself to make that call.

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for the encouragement - I'll call on Monday and see how it goes.......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Some info that might be useful is on this page.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/blank/a_id/53696/

Note the special phone number and query form link at the bottom.

Maybe you could ask them about the missing written notification as stated in the terms? Smiley Frustrated

A different help page also repeats lots of the same info. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/6401/a_id/53767/

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Many thanks - that is useful information that seemed difficult to obtain.

I will certainly ask BT to confirm when they (think) they wrote to me and hope that their systems allow them to downgrade my account to sport Lite (the BT man who called me to tell me of my options was unable to do this whilst I waited 5 to 10 minutes on the phone whilst he tried).

It should really be a very simple exercise.............

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks to everyone who made comments.

I must be "jinxed" with BT as the first BT person I got through to needed to reboot her computer and asked me to recall - the second person I reached could not do it either and put me through to the "Easy Assist Team". He helpfully got the Easy Assist Team person onto the line meaning I did not have to recall again - for which I am eternally grateful.

The person I spoke to at this team (which deals with accounts with multiple lines - I have two lines) was very helpful and downgraded to "Lite" with no difficulty. He also downgraded another account that I pay for (fortunately I remembered this otherwise my Mother could have been hit with a charge).

I am still very "suspicious" about the "supposed" communication - when I asked I was told this had been a "blanket" communication and when I pushed for the date this could not be verified other than "a few weeks ago" - I checked that all the communication channels were correct and, as I am receiving all othe communications from BT, I would "guess" that BT's systems are faulty and the communication was never sent - no doubt this is why I was called (unexpectedly) by BT last week.

All's well that ends well and the Easy Assist Team man was brilliant and very helpful.

I must say - even although I wasted another half an hour on the phone - the BT people that I have spoken to today were exceptional - BT just have system problems that they need to bottom out, but they are improving........

In summary BT Sport:-

Recontract and it remains free

Downgrade to Lite and it remains free - and the contract term remains the same.

Cancel completley (for those who do not use it) and it removes any issues.

0 Ratings