Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 21 of 23

Re: BT Sport no longer free?

Go to solution

Be careful and check your order when downgrading........

I spoke too soon - my confirmation order came through downgrading to BT Sport LITE - which is free BUT it ADDED the HD pack at £3/month. 

I never discussed the HD pack because it is included as s free extra in my current contract.

Back to BT and transferred to a helpful lady who put a note on that I wish to cancel the HD pack - BUT I need to call back tomorrow as they cannot cancel an "open order" and it will be (should be) closed by then.

As commented the BT people are helpful - the systems are appalling and I estimate that I will have spent around two hours on the phone clearing up an issue that I did not ask for and did not want and only arose because BT made changes.

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 22 of 23

Go to solution

Almost there - sorry for the posting but felt I must close the loop.

Spoke to BT again today and, after being disconnected, on the second call the person spent 5-10 mins checking the account and found an error.

He has sent off an internal e-mail to the "off-line" team who deal with data integrity (apparently my account showed different versions of BT Sport).

The gentleman was very courteous and helpful - great staff - terrible BT systems - I hope this is now the end of needing to make repeated phone calls to sort out a change that BT made, but did not implement correctly............

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 23 of 23

Go to solution

It seems too much to expect BT to do what they say.

After all the hassle above where BT could not deal with a B T Sport downgrade where I have two line - and having promised that it is sorted - what do I get...

A bill that charges me 44p (yes 44p) for BT Sport Lite and a note saying I have cancelled BT Sport Lite.

This is after BT telling me that they will downgrade me to BT Sport Lite whilst still in contract (I did not wish to re-contract).

It is all too much hassle. It is such a small amount and I am not interested in the BT Sport offer in any case - I was quite happy until BT called me and said they were going to downgrade me to "Lite" at no charge (they had not sent either a letter or an e-mail advising me about the proposed charge for BT Sport and, when challenged to let me know from BT's records when the communication was sent - I got a general "it was sent a few weeks ago" type of comment - not acceptable)

I use Talk Talk at another property and the odds are I will change to TalkTalk at renewal time because I cannot stand the hassle of dealing with BT people who tell you one thing and then do another.

Just for info.............

0 Ratings