cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laurencej96
Message 1 of 3

BT Sports on SKY... But cancelled Sky... Can I leave BT Penalty free?

I had sky and got a bt sports pakcage (separate). 

I now have Virgin media- which comes with BT Sports. So I have no use for an extra BT Sports subscription like i had with sky. 

Will BT Sport let me leave penalty free if i am within my contract, or recognise i am technically currently paying twice for it. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Sports on SKY... But cancelled Sky... Can I leave BT Penalty free?

@Laurencej96wrote:

I had sky and got a bt sports pakcage (separate). 

I now have Virgin media- which comes with BT Sports. So I have no use for an extra BT Sports subscription like i had with sky. 

Will BT Sport let me leave penalty free if i am within my contract, or recognise i am technically currently paying twice for it. 

Hi @Laurencej96 

Have a look at the Early Termination charges as explained here assuming you didn’t go for the monthly contract. 

https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf#page170

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Sports on SKY... But cancelled Sky... Can I leave BT Penalty free?

@Laurencej96wrote:

No, if you have a minimum term then BT like other providers of service will expect you honour that, BT also have no way to verify what you state is true, anyone could call up and try and cease that way penalty free.

Your BT sport subscription will continue to work, you don't need an active Sky subscription for it to keep working, your subscription also includes access to the online player and via the app, both of which will continue working as normal.

It might work out cheaper to cease and pay the early termination charges, for BT Sport on Sky for non BT broadband customers, you'll pay £18.75 for each month remaining on your contract.

0 Ratings