cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Still not giving me my money back

I contacted BT twice in June this year to complain about then adding a TV service I never asked for and charging me £20.00 extra a month for it. In June I was told it was cancelled and a refund would be given, it was not given and they still continue to overcharge me. This week I have spoken to them again and was promised a call back regarding the over charge on the 10th of August but again nothing happened and BT have now taken an extra £60.00 pounds for my bank.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be helpful.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Still not giving me my money back

Hi @Dougies73 Sorry that you are been charged for TV service in error and have been unable to get this fixed when you contacted us.

We will be happy to help you get this fixed if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks I have just done that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 11

@Dougies73 I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this sorted. I'll give you a ring after the cessation order has completed, and I'll also check for any other incorrect charges. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

My BT account has now got the £60.00 in it that BT removed from my bank account without my consent. However yesterday I spent 58 minutes on the phone to BT to cancel all my services due to a price increase and also this awful situation. Yet again I was put through the mill and denied due to an "open order" which is an internal issue and nothing to do with me the costumer as I have never ordered anything so unable to cancel anything I just wanted my money back.

It's so unnecessary, poor, awful and dreadful for a company to feel the need to put myself or any other paying customer through such unnecessary grief. By law I can cancel my contract but BT seems to think rules ands laws or for everyone else but them.

Shame on you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Hi @Dougies73 I suspect the open order is the one @StephanieG placed to correct your account. She is back in the office on Monday and she update you then.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

@Dougies73 That open order would be the BT TV cease order I mentioned in my email to you, which has a 30 day lead time. I'm sorry the helpdesk wasn't able to complete your request to cancel your services. 

I'll check this for you and get back to you today, I'm sorry for this confusion.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

@Dougies73 thanks for speaking with me there. I'm sorry we weren't able to get the order placed straight away, but just to confirm the order is now in the system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi Stephanie

I need your help again as I've been over charged by the same £20.00 for this month.

Cheers

0 Ratings