Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Contract

Go to solution

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, my BTTV contract (i have a Max pack), comes to the end of its 12 months at the beginning of january 2018, i have a small discount on this of a couple of pounds, i phoned retentions yesterday, and was told to phone back a few days before contract ends,  but i thought that may be a little late, i know you have to negotiate a new broadband contract at the same time, the only problem for me being my broadband contract does not end until august next year, so do not seem to have much leg room there to work out a new deal with a discounted price (i know BT do not have to do this, but everything helps!), so just wondering what anyone would do with this in my position?    Many Thanks for any advice in advance!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Contract

Go to solution

A few days beforehand does seem a bit late but it has always worked for me. I've even let mine lapse before calling up. Unfortunately that usually means a bigger bill for the increase but you get that back on your next bill which can be helpful.

I'm not sure how it would work re your broadband contract but if you could knock enough off the tv package it might work.

At the end of the day there's no harm in calling and seeing what they can do. The worst thing that can happen is you don't get a favourable deal, but then again if you don't call you'll never know.

I know this mightn't be much help to you but I definitely feel that it's worth making that call when the time comes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Managed to recontract my Broadband & TV today for 18 months, with no price increases during this time affecting me (thats what the advisor said on the phone and the email confirming my order says anyway!), one of the other things they are doing is sending me a free Smart Hub, reading on the forums here, a lot of people seem to have been having problems with this (as did a friend of mine), silly question i know but, when it arrives on Thursday, i do not have to use it do i?  My HH 5 works great at the moment with no problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No you do not need to use the Smarthub. If your HH5 is working just keep using it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks! 

0 Ratings