cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT TV Order price promise backout.

Wrong section can a mod move it to the right section.

On Sunday I called BT Options team and spoke to Gary after cancelling bt tv as the price changed to 25% off and mentioned that I spoke to Braj some weeks back about the pre paid card that never arrived and said I should call and ask for compensation due to inconvenience of chasing the card for over 70 Days which Gary

looked in to and told me that the BT TV package @  £7.50 i could get for £5.00 so i thought great can you add HD @ £4 to it so

that would be £9 a month for 12 montth's a saving of £30,

so i agreed to renewing my BT Infinity contract and added BT TV at £9 which i was happy about until i got an email.

The email says one off £35 charge for bt infinity which i all ready paid 9 weeks or so ago and BT TV at £13 a month first month

£10 so i called bt yesterday and spoke to Holly Jane who apologised and i also said about the deal i had been offered and she said yes all fine so i replied will i get sent an email on the updated price's she said no but it's all on screen and also spoke to a manager and said £35 will be added to account to cancel out the charge so i thought ok great,

Now today i thought lets give bt a call and got through to Austin and ask what he see's on screen as the bt tv goes live on thursday the 13th and just as i thought absolutely no mention of the offer that was made to me on sunday by Gary which

i confirmed with Holly Jane yesterday....So i asked Austin what are they doing when they say can i put you on hold while i speek to the manager are they twiddling their thumbs and is it all hot air as how hard is it to change a number on screen,

Anyway Austin then tells i can not have the offer it must have been some other offer £5 offer as he has 6 offers on his screen i said if you look i all ready cancelled a tv package 2 days ago why would i want to place the same order at the same price which is actually more expensive than the offer online right now Entertainment plus @ £7.50,

Anyway after some 45 minutes or so of wasted time and extra confusion added by Austin with his 6 different packages which i said i don't care what you see i am talking about the 3 i can see and if it was a £5 package Gary was offering for this Entertainment Starter as Austin put it where did the £2.50 discount that gary offered £30 over the year.

Well there is plainly a LIAR somewhere and i repeated over and over ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED

So this is supposedly being looked in to and the calls are going to be supposedly listend to all i can say

Gary was either trying to pull the wool over my eyes by offering a package which is not on BT Website

and pretending i was getting a £2.50 discount when it could have ended up me getting less for my money

so i have ended up cancelled the order as i may be charged extra as lower pakages have a activation fee.

I have put this in writing on here as the last two phone calls were not logged but like BT says all calls are recorded!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT TV Order price promise backout.

Hi louilou,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry there's been some confusion on the offer you had. I can see you're in touch with my colleague Fionnuala on your Still No Pre-Paid card after being applied for twice thread and she is due to call you back on Friday so the best option would be to mention that during the call as I'm sure she will be able to sort that out for you as well. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the reply DavidM and pm.

Also forgot to mention but I did tell Fionnuala on the phone Gary had supposedly sent my £100 back to my bank account and should take 3-5 days All recorded ... well we'll soon see.
0 Ratings
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Pre paid card sorted...Just need this sorted now if I can get a phone call tomorrow as promised.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Hi DavidM....Can you ask Fionnuala to call me.

She did call me just before 10am this morning but I missed her and her email I can not reply to as it is
an old TT email address can accept inwards but not outwards.

Also can you update her on this issue.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi Louilou,

I have let Fionnuala know and asked her to give you a call back as soon as possible.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thanks @ Davidm

Just an update and so far service has been shocking, And although i have spoken to a few of bt customer service

in the meantime i get told different things last calll was on tuesday i spoke to a lady and i asked am supposed

to get a phone call to sort this out and also asked about has the original phone call of complaint been

listened to yet as i was told previously that it was.

Well the lady told me she could not see that it had been listened to or even been sent off but i will get a 

phone call on thursday....well thusday afternoon is here and i'm not waiting for a phone call that is not coming

so i call again and i verify with the lady again has the call been listened too and no is the reply well i am not suprised

so i ask is it down that i am going to get a call today to sort this out reply no sorry someone will call you next week.

LOL....Is this a joke...i personally think that BT Customer service clearly don't give a sh*t and although and luckily

i don't sit back and take theit word which obviously means nothing but i will not give up.

Thanks to the forum and Fionuuala for the help as well at least someone is trying.

0 Ratings
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thanks @ PaddyB

Just called BT today and got through to Glenn and amazingly he sorted out this without any bother with the BT TV
It makes me think why has it taken this long when I was told at first 3 days to sort out around 5 calls later and get through to this very nice chap Glenn who did not argue at all and just done what I asked and also got the email confirming.

The only thing I am not sure about is my BB infinity contract renewed as it was originally supposed to be as Glenn said it should
Be And I asked as long as the price is exactly the same and he said he has not touched the price.

So if a mod could point Fionnuala to this post first so she can check on the infinity contract as she is calling me tomorrow to check on progress this could be sorted.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Just read through email again and it does state towards the bottom that BB+TALK contact renewed at original price

so all is looking good.

0 Ratings
louilou
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

After reading the email a 3rd time and luckily I did No I am not happy at all where I have got the saving on BT TV they have sneakily added it to the terms of the BT infinity contract where renewed for 12 months it states in there the price will stay the same as my original offer but ends at my original date so they actually get more back which cancels out the offer.

In my account I can buy BT TV for £7.50 and I get to choose whether or not if I want to renew my contract and In the case above the answer is certainly not!.

The BT TV saving I was promised = £30 over 12 month
BT TV extended 3 month contract sneakily added = £31.50

I am far from stupid!...otherwise I would not be writing here I would be paying!

Since moving over to BT nearly 3 months ago all it has been is a lot of hastle...leaves me to think have I done the right thing and as by the looks of things I have just been pick pocketed and wasted a whole lot of my time.
0 Ratings