Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 42

Re: BT TV Price Rise from 28/7/19

Thanks @zulu17  

It seems there are different emails circulating. Some giving a renewal button option, others (like mine) just stating that the price WILL be rising by £4 and that you can ‘phone to discuss your options’.

I will be phoning, but not to discuss any renewal options - and anything less than letting me ride out my current contract at my present pricing is not going to cut it.

I suspect that my discount is just too big for BTs liking and they want it ‘regularised’.

Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 42

Well I have to phone them, but personally through bitter experience I have found that promises made by BT Phone Sales often do not match up to reality when they hit the account. Had to battle last year for over £100 refund for mis-selling. I just don’t need that stress on my life.

I have read postings here and in other places and I haven’t seen anyone being offered HD Max for £13/month at this time.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 42

I myself have the MaxHD pack, but unlike most people on the community, have yet to receive an email about the price increase. I did phone BT this morning about a question I had if I upgraded my broadband (the price I was quoted was too high in my opinion so will stick with superfast fibre 1 for the time being), I was then asked about my TV contract and was I aware of the price changes next month and there would be an increase to my bill of £4. I am aware about this but was waiting for BT to get in touch by email or letter first, the person I spoke to said to keep tv/sports at the same price of £17 and not pay the increase, I would have to recontract this and the broadband, and can keep my whole package at the same price including discounts. I did go ahead with this, just hope when I eventually do get the dreaded price increase email, I do not have to go through the whole thing again!

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 42

I had my notification yesterday. I'm currently on MaxHD and the increase is £4. TBH I don't consider my bill going up to £22 a big issue as it's still a competitive price especially as it includes HD and BT Sport but I clicked the link and recontracted for another 18 months. I've been perfectly happy with every aspect of the service I've received so far from BT. The ladies and gents that keep an eye on the forum and deal with any potential issues with efficiency. Thanks to these guys I'll soon have a shiny new UHD box as my HD box has a tiny issue (Amazon Prime)...
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 15 of 42

I agree £4 isn't that much of and issue for me either. I just think of it as a fee for BT sport. Which had been free for several years now. 

NigelB72
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 42

I've been with BT for 5 years and my package is actually cheaper now than when I joined if you include all the free stuff I've been given at recontracting and I've never called them once to do it. They've all been offers auto generated on my personal renewal offer by email... 

They're a real fair and easy bunch to deal with on the whole.. it's a 5 out of 5 from me 👏

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 42

If we actually watched a lot of BT Sport I would agree, but we are not football fans and although I do watch some rugby there is enough on FTA Channels now to not need the BT Coverage as well.

We did watch Eurosport quite a bit but that can now be bought standalone.

As I said above, the other extra channels also get little use.

So for us £13 a month was acceptable for what we used. £17 a month is not. Simple as that.

And the increased ‘penalty’ for the temerity if wanting to watch in HD is just unacceptable.

0 Ratings
hannes
Beginner
Message 18 of 42

Ive also had the email about the £4 rise for Max HD and I also decided to renew my contract including BB for the same price that I am currently paying.

I arranged this the other day but didn’t receive any email confirmation. Thought this was a bit odd so I rang again the following day (today) to find out what the hell is going on. 

Went through the whole process again ,AKA Groundhog Day,  and once again renewed. Some 9 hours have since passed and still no email.

It’s clear BT have systems that are completely incapable of supporting any customer service operations. I’ll try again tomorrow but only to accept defeat and let the TV and BB package cease once the price rises kick in. I simply don’t have the time to keep ringing up this mob.

It would seem I have been forced to leave and look elsewhere, its the staff I feel sorry for having to deal with these **bleep** systems. 

I would imagine most people have used Amazon Prime, Netflix and NOW and are pleasantly surprised to find how easy their customer service systems are to operate. 

It’s a BIG ask bu why cant BT invest in some sort of system that actually works, if you did you might find you wont leak customers to TT

0 Ratings
nostra999
Contributor
Message 19 of 42

As per a few people have mentioned.. very happy with service would have paid more for it given the sky comparative. Have taken the offer to continue for the same price.

Its pretty fair to offer to honour the price if you have had the offer. I joined sky a year or two back and within a week got a price increase notification. I was luckily in my cooling off period and walked away very quickly. At least with BT if you aren’t happy walk away.

hyper01
Contributor
Message 20 of 42

And walk is my choice, certainly with the dishonesty of BT.

Attempting to claim it is based on additional content which is patently untrue.

0 Ratings