Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 42

BT Took Over My Telephone Line Two Weeks Early

Go to solution

I am moving from Sky TV/Broadband to BT. 

I had originally arranged to join BT from the 29th of July, but a couple of weeks after setting things up they pushed the activation date back to the 11th of July and would send me out the hub etc on the 12th of July. 

Fast forward a few more days and my internet with Sky stops working on the 29th. I phone Sky to complain as my services were due to expire on the 12th of July and i work from home so i abosolutely need internet. Sky said BT has requested to take over the phone line on the 29th and therefore they had to cancel my broadband. 

What can i do? I see no reason why BT would take over my phone line two weeks early and every time i speak to someone on live chat to try and get help once they listen to my issue they disconnect the chat. 

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 42

Re: BT Took Over My Telephone Line Two Weeks Early

Go to solution

Hi @thegas

That doesn't sound good. Have you checked your BT open orders to see the status of your move?

BT - Track My Order

In the meantime, I can ask a moderator to have a look at your account to see whats happening. They will post a link shortly but can get busy so please keep checking back..

thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 42

Go to solution

Yes it says activation starts on the 11th of July and my hub will arrive on the 12th. Everything was originally set for the 29th of June when i set things up, but a couple of weeks later i had a text saying everything had been pushed back. 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas

Once the moderators post, they will ask you to complete a form via a special link. Once the form is sent it gets put in a list for them to deal with. They should be able to get you some answers, I take it your home phone has also ceased to work?

0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 42

Go to solution

No landline, we just pay line rental for the broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 42

Go to solution

so maybe it was sky who terminated your broadband not having updated system for date change?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Go to solution

My Sky TV and Broadband package expires on the 12th of July, there would be no reason for them to cancel it early as far as i know. As BT pushed my start date back to the 12th of July, why would they ask to take over the phone line on the 29th of June? My BT package was supposed to start on the 29th, but BT send me a text/email to say they were changing the date and pushing it back weeks after i took out the contract. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Go to solution

Do you mean 29th june in your initial post not july?  if so BT would have initially informed sky of 29/6 but when date changed either didn't update sky or did update sky who did not change date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @thegas sorry that you currently have no services. 

It's strange that your landline is not working if we have taken it over. Were you porting over your number or taking a new number? Have you received a text or email to say we have activated your landline yet?

As you have no active service you would be best to contact the Order Complaints Chat Team who are best placed to see if your connection can be done any earlier than the 12th July. 

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 42

Go to solution

We do not have a landline telephone, we never have. We pay line rental for broadband only. 

I have already contacted the order complaints team and each time they disconnect the chat after they say the 12th is the earliest time they can connect me. They do not explain why BT has taken over my phone line two weeks earlier that agreed and now im without internet which i need for my job. 

I would raise a complaint, but each time i tried with the live chat they disconnect the chat.  I just don't understand why BT have taken over the line on the 29th of June rather than the 12th of June which is when my service starts. It would be okay if my BT services start on the 29th of June as i was told they would when i took everything out online, but the goal posts were moved a few weeks later and now im stuck. 

0 Ratings