Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: BT Took Over My Telephone Line Two Weeks Early

Go to solution

Yes sorry, typo on my part but i can't seem to edit that post now. 

For clarity. 

I have Sky TV+Broadband which expires 12th July. 

Took out BT TV+Broadband online with a start date of 29th of June, this was taken out on around 10th of June. 

Fast foward two weeks get an email from BT saying start date has been moved to 12th of June. I assume this is to tie in with Sky ending. 

29th of June i lose internet connection. Phone Sky, Sky say BT has requested to take over the phone line so your broadband has been cancelled.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas

To order broadband products you need an active phone line, you may not use it but the prices shown include the line rental and normally free weekend calls. When you placed your order with BT, did it give you or refer to a new telephone number for BT, if you can check your order confirmation to see, or if not does it say that you were porting your number from Sky. The telephone number you had with sky would be on your sky bill (try calling it from a mobile see if it rings)

Its important to try and work this out, if the phone line is active with BT and you have not realised it, getting Broadband connected will be a little easier. If the phone socket in your home where you would plug your router is dead then the move has failed completly for ewhat ever reason and they will have to place/correct the current order.

As other post have said you will need to follow up with the complaints team, but at least we can try and see what you have ordered and who currently has ownership if anyone of your line.

0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks for your response. 

I phoned the Sky landline and it rings, so i take it that is a good sign? I guess now it's probably a BT landline as they have taken it over. I think i did put down for BT to use my landline, but i assumed they would only take it over once my activation services started on the 12th. 

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

Morning @thegas

Several things could have happened, 

Either BT took over the Phone Service using your previous landline number on the orignal move date but the broadband will move later. 

Or your phone line is still with sky, and they cut the broabdand early.

What package have you taken with BT for your broadband? It should mention it on your order confirmation, or let us know the price. This will tell us what type of broadband product you are due to get.

And finally if you can put the phone number into this checker and see that everything is avalible and no waiting list.. if your telephone number doesn't work, you can click address and enter your full address..

Clearly, you have an issue that the complaints team need to address but understanding what services you have currently have working (the phone line) and going to get will help in resolving the issue.

thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

It sounds very much like the first option has happened. 

My order says Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited and TV.

Order:
Broadband Superfast Fibre Essential Unlimited
Landline Unlimited weekend calls
BT TV Entertainment
BT Sport Pack on BT TV

Total £48 + one off charge of £80.

Which checker should i use? I didn't see a link in your post. 

What should i say to the complaints team? I've had two unsuccessful chats with the Live Chat so far that both ended with the same outcome. It's like the CS agents don't have a solution other than the 12th is the earliest activation date. They don't seem to understand nor acknoledge what has happened. 

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas

It maybe there is a waiting list for the FTTC connection in your local cabinet which maybe the reason why you have not had a connection for broadband yet.

Please check this link and see if it says avalible or waiting list... (sorry forgot to add on last post)

BT Checker

thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

It says...

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

If this is a new BT number and does not appear after 24 hours then please click here for further details.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas

At the bottom of the checker, it says address... if you can select that option and put in your address it will show you what  broadband services are avalible at your address ( don't post your address)

thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas

I was hoping the delay was due to no slots on the local cabinets and it having a waitlist, but looking at that its not the case.

You need to speak to the complaints team again (sorry), and ask has the phone line first of all been moved to BT? Then Why has the serviced being moved before the date on your last email.

If you do not feel you are getting anywhere, ask for a manager to call you back..

0 Ratings