Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 42

Re: BT Took Over My Telephone Line Two Weeks Early

Go to solution

Is there a telephone number i can call rather than using Live chat?

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 42

Go to solution

Although you don't use your 'line' for telephony , it is primarily a phone line with a broadband service on top , if you are keen to know where the error has been made, you first need to know , is it just your broadband that has stopped working , or is it the phone and broadband service ( obviously you cannot know without plugging in a landline phone )

If it's possible, plug in a phone to the landline socket , is there a dialtone ?, if there is one, dial 17070, if you get a response along the lines of ' Hi , I'm Zoe, what do you want ' , then you are still connected to Sky LLU phone service and Sky have turned off the broadband, it could be they used the wrong date, it could be they were not advised of the new date ( you will never know which one ) , if you get a voice response along the lines of ' This circuit is defined as 01***,******, OR test services ' then your physical connection has been moved to 'BT', it's possible that the BT broadband service is also present but if you don't have a suitable router , then it's not useable, ( but is there ) or it could be the phone service has moved , but the BT broadband connection is yet to be made.

If you have no dialtone at all, then your line has been disconnected , probably to early , and waiting for reconnection , or possible , coincidently , a fault has developed, the fact that if you ring your number you get a 'ring tone' means the number is still valid , either on Sky or BT

0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 42

Go to solution

Unfortuantely we do not have a landline telephone to test it.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 42

Go to solution

You could always borrow a landline phone from a neighbour ,friend or relative , or even buy a cheap corded phone for around £5 and keep it in a drawer for emergencys or for testing purposes, but obviously all this will really do, is maybe indicate (not prove) who messed up, even then , with two company's involved , they would each blame the other for this break in service (BT would say they told Sky of the new date, Sky would say they didn't ) ...unfortunatley all you can really do is hope you are connected sooner rather than later, or if all you need is a BT router, that it turns up quickly, obviously if you are now connected to 'BT' your 'Sky' router wouldn't work with it

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas 

From the UK: 0800 783 1401

Our order teams are open:
Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday 8am - 8pm
Sunday 9am - 6pm
Please have your account or order number ready.
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 42

Go to solution

I phoned BT. The guy didn't sound very convincing, but he says BT won't own the line until the 12th as there is a pending cease on the line . Sky say they received a request from BT to take over the line on the 29th and so my broadband was automatically cancelled. 

It's a he said she said scenario and looks like they both blame each other and the only loser here is me. 

Thankfully i found out that i can use BT Open Wifi even at home. It's pretty slow, 5MB download speed but this will suffice until i get connected (hopefully) on the 12th of July. 

I've not been very impressed with BT's customer service and hope i don't need to interact with them once im up and running, but at least i have a partial solution for now. The only saving grace is im saving £25 per month for switching similar pacakges from Sky > BT.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. 

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 42

Go to solution

@thegas

Unfortunatly you are in the middle, once you are with BT if you have any further issues you can always pop back on here if you need anyhelp.

0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 42

Go to solution

The activation date is today, the equipment has arrived but still no internet from BT. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @thegas

It can take until the end of today.. Plug the router in (use the filter if your BT socket is not prefiltered)...and enjoy the sun if you can (whilst it last). You normally get a text or email to say when the order is complete and the service is ready..

Let us know if and when it goes live. 

0 Ratings
thegas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks will keep an eye out for an email/text.

0 Ratings