Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TerryB5254
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Unscrupulous Billing Activity

Go to solution

Be aware once you sign a an agreement with BT that they do not advise when the contract time is concluded BUT immediately put you onto a non contract higher rate. As I have many different agreements in place I was very surprised to see that I have been paying £28 per month for the last six months on a £20 contract that had run out.

Why is it that a company that supplies the Broadband that so many of us use cannot send a simple reminder when the contract is due to expire - my insurance, health and mortgage companies do not find this difficult to do so why should my IT supplier?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Unscrupulous Billing Activity

Go to solution

BT contracts do not actually expire.  They have a minimum period, and you will be charged if you cancel early.  After that, they continue in force until you decide to contact BT to terminate the contract.

BT has special offers for new subscribers and people who agree to start a new contract.  These special offers are time limited, and the time linit is often the same as the minimum period.

Bov
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks Ectophile

You answered a question I hadn't even asked they should make it clearer.

My mother contacted me about her Unlimited Anytime Plan 12 Month contract

as it was about to expire there is noting in the paperwork that says that it will continue on after the 12 months.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thinking about it, I may well have been wrong that none of the contracts expire.  The line rental saver offer allows you to make a one-off payment for line rental for a year.  This does not carry on or renew in any way - you just switch back to normal line rental.  I'm not sure how the Unlimited Anytime Plan works.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Ectophile wrote:

This does not carry on or renew in any way - you just switch back to normal line rental.

You can now renew up to 27 days before expiry. If I remember rightly you will get a reminder.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings