cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT asking me to send back equipment

Go to solution

BT have sent me 2 jiffy bags asking for me to send back the BT router and set top box or i will be charged. My order was placed on wed 13th march 2019 and my contract started from 27th March 2019, so my contract will have ended 27th September 2020' I didn't renew my contract i just got billed every month up until i switched to PlusNet on the 6th January 2022.
I believe you only need to send back the equipment if your contract started on the 13th December 2019 any earlier the equipment is yours is this true ?' as I've stated my contract started on 13th march 2019 and never renewed and never received any new equipment ? Thanks in advance. Norah

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT asking me to send back equipment

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I just don't understand why they would send me jiffy bags and are asking me to send the equipment back ' them knowing my contract started I'm march 2019 before the deadline so I'm worried they are going to charge me in 60 days then me having to appeal it.  Thanks for your response . 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Norah1, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. The link @allanraymond is correct and as you had the equipment before 13th December 2019 you will not be charged for keeping it.

If you have no further use for it then you can return it so we can recycle it. Have a look at Why do we recycle, refurbish or repackage equipment? for more information on this.

cheers

John 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thankyou for clearing this up for me. was a great help

0 Ratings