cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danith04
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT at it again - Cancellation within 2 weeks

Ok so I'm at the end of my tether, a week into my second 'attempt' with BT.

Only got BT internet (and didn't renew with Sky) so I could get BT sport included online/app.

BT ordered 15.10.17

BT hub turned up 14.11.17

BT internet activated day later on the 15.11.17

I've called today to ask for Bt sport to be addded - quoted ridiculous prices and tried to get me into an 18 month contract to get it - or pay rip off 'activation' fees.

So I've decided to get rid of BT ASAP and go with someone else

But now the advisor says I'd have to pay early termination fees as its 14 days FROM THE ORDER DATE

I'm arguing that it's 14 days from the activation date - which is right as how would I know how bad the service is (still is) until it's activated?!

14 days cooling off applies here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/changing-your-mind-about-something-youv...

So many headaches and catches with BT - awful experience yet again

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT at it again - Cancellation within 2 weeks

your link refers to an item/goods whereas you bought a service which is not the same

sorry how are you intending to watch BTsport - just online/phone app.  if so you should be able to set up a MYBT and then login to the app  unlike sky BT allows you to cast from phone to tv

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Danith04
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

So..............is it then fair that BT make you wait a month for the connection/equipment and therefore effectively kill off any possible 'cool off'.

Doesn't sit right with me - if BT need to trap customers then that just says it all

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

Daft as it may be, they are right, 14 days from order date...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

@Danith04 wrote:

So..............is it then fair that BT make you wait a month for the connection/equipment and therefore effectively kill off any possible 'cool off'.

Doesn't sit right with me - if BT need to trap customers then that just says it all

@Danith04

If you are not happy with the performance of the broadband, you have 28 days after activation, to complain, and you are entitles to a free visit from Openreach, to sort out the problem.

What is wrong with the service that BT Retail has supplied?

I though BT Sport was free with some packages?

0 Ratings
Danith04
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

BT's own rules. That have no logic.

What use is 2 weeks from the order date when it takes them a MONTH to send out a router and connect me????

0 Ratings
Danith04
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

My contract with infinity is for 12 months.

There is no 'free' offer for Bt sports (only reason I chose BT internet) for 12 months.

I have to sign up to 18 months now (so for 6 months I have to pay whatever price they decide to charge after my discount period)

Plus there's an extortionate connection and delivery fee.

All i want is to watch a couple of football matches on my laptop in midweek!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

It says "add BT Sport HD" free for 18 months.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/

0 Ratings
Danith04
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Thanks yes - 'black friday deal'

But if I sign up for 18 months, it'll extend my broadband for those 18 months - which I dont want, as I have discounted broadband for 12 months the it goes to whatever price they decide to start charging.

I want 12 months, to run in conjunction with my internet from now.

when I signed up the option was to add BT sport for £7 a month and the first 3 months were free - now it's just 'join for 18 months'

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

@Danith04 wrote:

Thanks yes - 'black friday deal'

when I signed up the option was to add BT sport for £7 a month and the first 3 months were free - now it's just 'join for 18 months'

Offers change all the time. You could buy something, then a week later it could be half price.

0 Ratings