cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelly1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT basic landline only not benefit from cap?

Go to solution

Can anyone advise if the BT basic landline only package does or does not benefit from the covid 19 cap on calls?

The phone has been a comfort to my 95 year old mother in law during her months of isolation but when I glanced at her bill there has been no cap applied.

Does it not apply to BT basic?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT basic landline only not benefit from cap?

Go to solution

BT Basic is different to other landline plans, it has always had a cap, long before Covid and the cheapest line rental tariff, you can read all the info about the benefits at How do I find out more about BT Basic? 

Line only customers with no broadband and the £5 cap would be at least £17.20 per month, BT Basic is at most £15.16 per month.

Nelly1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Richie

Thank you for the information. I could not find it on my own! Now all clear. Cheers

0 Ratings
Gabster1
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I am experiencing the same issue. My mother is on BT Basic and yet her bill this month was  £26.90. I was under the impression (and as it says on the literature), there is a cap of  £10. (She has only landline, no broadband). Which is correct?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Have you checked the bill to see why there is an increase?  Have you phoned CS on 150 then billing for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings